𝟶𝟿 - 𝙳𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙴𝚢𝚎𝚜

Song- Atlantis by Seafret

Never in a million years did I think I would get reaped for The Hunger Games. Never did I think I would be mentoring my best friend as well to go into the Games. It was my complete nightmare.

I woke up to my alarm, Finnck still fast asleep. I admired him, he still looked adorable considering his hair was messed up, but he looked incredibly peaceful.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer."

I laughed."You scared me." He opened his eyes where I saw the sea green sapphires I could drown in."Um, it's time to get ready for the Parade. I'll walk you to your prep team, and then you'll meet your stylist." I smiled at Finn and ruffled his hair. He sighed and his muscles relaxed, he also made that stupidly cute smile that I can't help but blush to.

"Time to get ready," I roll out of bed but Finnick stares at the ceiling."Come on Finn," He groans but eventually gets out. I have to go back to my room to change, and Finnick just slugs into the bathroom. I hear the shower turn on as I walk to Lola's room. I knock on her door, and an annoyed voice came from the room.

"What?"

"You get to meet your prep team, take a shower, I'll walk you to them."

"Mk."

I closed the door and walked to my room. I took a quick shower, and changed into black jeans, a white lace top, and black combat boots. I dried my hair, and let it flow in it's natural curls. I put on a bit of makeup, and was on my way.

I walked out of my room and saw Lola, Nadiyah, and Finnick already eating breakfast.

"Goodmorning Tess," Nadiyah greets me as I take my seat next to Finnick."Morning,"

About 30 minutes later, Nadiyah and me were leading Finn and Lola to the prep area."We will see you two in a bit!" Nadiyah exclaimed as I waved Finnick goodbye.

Nadiyah wrapped her arm around my shoulder as a side-hug. I smiled and put mine over her shoulder. We walked away back to the Living Quarters.

"Okay, so we have another 2 hours," Nadiyan muttered looking at her phone-watch-thinga-majig."so how about we go-" She was cut off by one of President Snow's bodyguards.
"Ms. Cresta, President Snow would like to speak with you." I nodded and walked into the room they were guarding. Nadiyah looked disappointed, but she knew I had to talk with him.

As soon as I stepped in, they closed the doors behind me. I heard the key lock the door as I stared at Snow.

"Goodmorning, Ms. Cresta, how are you today?" He asked in his proper accent, motioning me to sit."Fine myself, how are you?" I asked, sitting in the chair infront of him."Exceptionally well." I nodded as he fiddled with the white roses next to us.

"Until the Capitol people started getting bored." I was confused. How could these people ever be bored with the many things to do here?!

"I don't understand-"

"They want something more. Something beautiful. Something so beautiful, it shines more than the Capitol itself. And, I've had a thought." I still didn't know what he was insinuating.

"Maybe...you, could distract them..." He smiled, looking down at the table, playing with the white petals."I mean, everyone loved your guts, and alliances during the Games last year. Also, they would have great fun...with you, dear." He looked up at me and smiled. His teeth were bright, and pure white.

"What do I get out of it?" I asked seeing as I now had tons of riches, I hardly needed anything else, especially from them. President Snow thought for a moment.

"Well, put it this way..." He no longer had a smile."Annie, can't protect herself very well, as she is very young. And Finnick, that dear boy. He's going into the Games, even if he wins, which is highly unlikely, he will be executed. Both of them," I looked at him like he was crazy, which he was.

"If you do not accept, the Capitol people will become angry, and if anger rises, we cannot protect the Districts. And if we cannot protect the Districts then our whole world collapses and we are dead. So, Ms. Cresta, are you willing to pleasure the people for the sake of your sister and boyfriend?" He asked, showing a picture from my house of us three on the beach together.

I nodded.

"Very well then." He smiled again, it made my spine creep with spiders, and my hands shake."Here, a present for your cooperation." He handed me the rose that was now folded out and broad, and had almost a metallic touch to it."I heard your favorite color's white." He stood up to look over at the window in which the blinds were drawn. You could still see light filling the office.

My mouth went agape as I stared at the open rose petals.

"But not, like my roses..." I could tell he didn't like my statement I once told to Hailey. The picture changed to the scene he was implying. He turned back around.

"Well I'm sorry Tess, but I have nothing else I can give you, that is white." He had a prominent scowl. I stood, and left. He seemed amused by it.

Word Count
{916}