𝟹𝟶 - 𝙷𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚏𝚝

Song- Lost With You by Patrick Watson

We heard Katniss scream, and Peeta immediately went to look for her. Finnick cupped my cheeks. "Stay here with Beetee, I'll go look for her." I nodded and he ran in the direction of Katniss's scream. I looked around and saw Beetee too close to the border.

"Beetee!" I yell, but he flies backward from the force. I rush over to where he is spasming. I look up and I see Katniss looking at me with a horrified look. Then my shoulder shakes with pain. I see the arrow plunge into my arm, and my hands start to shake as she runs over.

"I'm sorry, I thought I thought..." she pants. I whimper and move my hand to it. A boom of a canon goes off, and Katniss yells out for Peeta. My ears start ringing, and I can barely hear anything. Tears pour down my face, but I promise to keep my eyes open. My arm falls limp, and I let out a quiet sob. I then see Katniss start to shoot the spear thing into the sky.

My entire body is jerked backward, and the last thing I feel is my body crash into something hard.

~

"Tess is like my baby sister. She's such a sweet person and I would truly, do anything to protect her."

"What're you trying to say?" "'M saying I love you."

"the male and female tributes shall be reaped from their existing pool of victors."

"Tess, Cresta!"

"Finnick, Odair!"

"Annie Cresta..."

"Hey there, birdie."

"I love you so much, Tessa"

"So, Ms. Cresta, are you willing to pleasure the people for the sake of your sister and boyfriend?"

"I heard your favorite color's white. But not, like my roses...Well I'm sorry Tess, but I have nothing else I can give you, that is white."

"There's that smile."

"Woah, settle down cowboy."

~

I couldn't see anything, but I could hear everything. My brain only turned on when I heard nothing. I couldn't see the people talking to me, but I heard the voices. I knew the voices.

When the light finally hit me, I saw people in white uniforms rushing around to get needles full of liquid, breathing masks, a light, anything.

"Can you tell us your name?"

"Uhh-" my throat was so dry, I desperately needed water. "Tess Cresta." I cleared my throat.

"Do you know what district you're from?" It was a nice lady asking the questions, and my eyes getting a bit adjusted to the light. "District 4."

"You were in the Hunger Games, can you tell me what year?" She checked my pupils, shining the light into them. "The...64th?"

"Do you have any family?" She moved the horrible light away and got her stethoscope. "I have a sister, Annie."

The lady nodded, checking my heartbeat. "And what about relationships?" I sighed thinking about Finnick. "Finnick Odair, my best friend."

I could see her face clearly, now. She had green eyes and dark brown hair. It was pulled back into a ponytail, and I didn't recognize her. "Where am I?" I ask sitting up. She didn't reply, just left the room. The room was all white, a hospital of some sort. More like an insane asylum. The only other color was the door, a light shade of brown, with the Capitol's crest on it.

My breathing became heavier, but the lady and three Peacekeepers came inside. "Why am I here?" I asked calmly, but my face scrunched in anger. "You've been collected to heal after the games." She pointed at my arm. It had a bandage around it, but it felt better than it did before.

"You had a bad accident when Katniss shot the arrow. You hit a tree and broke two bones and bruised 3 in your rib cage." She said calmly. The Peacekeepers guarded the door and single window in the small room.

"Where's Finnick and Annie?" I ask.

"District 13 has stolen them, unfortunately. Using them to attack the Capitol and disrupt the peace." She says, writing on a stack of papers. "Luckily you're here and safe. We've rescued you."

I looked down. Was what she saying true? We're Finnick and Annie being tortured in District 13? We're me and Finnick just pawns in a bigger game that we didn't realize? Was she lying to me and I'm the one who's been captured?

"And, you have a guest." She smiles and goes out of the room. I keep my head down and wait for my mystery person. The door opens, and the person I least excepted is standing in front of me.

Word Count
{777}