𝟷𝟽 - 𝙰𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗

Song- Hold My Hand by Isak Danielson

It's happening again. The 70th Hunger Games. It's been 2 years since District 4 won. Me and Finnick were stressed. Annie wasn't drawn yet, and today would be her last year. She had to survive one, last, reaping.

I tied her hair back into two French braids, and smoothed over her light purple dress I had bought for her 16th birthday. She turned around, the same look on her face as she had 6 years ago.

"Don't do anything stupid."

"I won't."

I nodded my head.

"You're not gonna get chosen, this is your last year, you're gonna be safe from this." I hugged her tight. She nodded into my shoulder, and we both walked out the door and down to the kitchen.

Finnick was waiting, and walked over to us. "My two favorite girls." He smiled. I smiled and he set his hands on my hips. I buttoned the first button on his white dress shirt. "Ready?" I turned around to ask Annie. She nodded, still nervous as she is every year.

We walked to the Justice Building, Annie looking down while she walked. I rubbed her back as we approached the lines to check in.

I hugged her again before me and Finnick had to walk to the stage. We walked over to Britt Lee, who won the 68th Games by taming python mutts. She smiled at me, Britt was always very kind, but a bit weird if you ask me. I returned it and sat down. Me and Finn were 19 now, technically adults. Finnick sat next to me, and I grabbed his hand. He squeezed it as Nadiyah walked up to the microphone and started her speech.

"Our female tribute for the 70th Hunger Games,"

My heart and mind started racing, I just really hoped it wasn't Annie. I wished on our mother and father that Annie wouldn't be chosen.

"Annie Cresta..." Nadiyah announced. My body stood in shock. Frozen. No. How could this happen?! She was only one draw away! I looked up, my heart aching, my cheeks flooded with silent tears, and saw Annie looking down, walking up the stairs to the podium. I looked to Finnick and he was shaking his head side to side. Horror flashed on our faces.

"The male tribute for the 70th Hunger Games, Harris Lowe." A pale 17 year old who I've seen selling fish walked up and stood next to Annie. They shook hands, and were escorted into the building. We stood up in a fashionly manner, and walked in. We were lead to one of the waiting rooms, one that I was too familiar with. This process that we were too familiar with.

Annie was sobbing as we entered the room, I was quick to hug her. Finnick rubbed her back.

"I know. I know. I tried to protect you, I did, Annie. I'll protect you in the arena as much as I can. I can't bare to see you die in the hell hole!" I sobbed. She cried in my shoulder and nodded. "We'll be there the whole time, watching over and waiting for you." Finn comforted her.

We entered the silver train with Nadiyah leading us. The other tribute, Harris Lowe, was a shorter guy, with a bit skinnier physique, but muscular nonetheless. He had very dark brown hair, and brown eyes.

"Congratulations, tributes, on being chosen to compete." Nadiyah said to them. "These are your mentors, Tess Cresta, and Finnick Odair. They will give you advice. Go explore your rooms, children." She instructed them. They ran off.

I sat down in the plush, velvet chair. My brain racked with thoughts. I thought for sure Annie wouldn't be picked. But then I also thought that Finnick wouldn't be chosen either.

I hated every second of this. This whole situation that was too familiar made me want to throw up. 3 times now.

Reaping, waiting room, tears, goodbyes, train, Capitol, training, interview, arena, death.

Word Count
{670}