𝟷𝟾 - 𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍

Song- Glimpse Of Us by Joji

We arrived in the Capitol, Annie staying as close as she could to me. As much as I wanted to believe she wasn't chosen, I knew that would put me in denial. My little sister was chosen to fight for her life, and the only thing I could do was help her win.

We got to our living quarters, and Annie went off with Nadiyah and Harris to find the kids rooms. The parade would be tomorrow, then training for the next 3 days, the day after mentors would train with the tributes, scores and interviews, and finally the 70th Hunger Games.

Me and Finnick sat on one of the gray velvet couches. I snuggled up to him, with my knees pulled to my chest. He grabbed one of the soft, plush blankets from beside us, and layed it on us.

"What's on your mind, princess?" He whispered in his sweet voice. I stopped and thought for a second. "I-I'm scared." Finnick rubbed my shoulder. "I'm scared for Annie. I feel like I failed at protecting her." I mumbled, snuggling farther into Finn's shoulder. "You couldn't control it. You can now only help her in the arena. Help her get sponsors." He replied, kissing my head. I closed my eyes, desperate for sleep with the comfort of Finnick with me.

"Sleep now, princess, I'm right here."

~

"Annie..." I breathed out. Her stylist had put her in a tight mermaid dress that was teal ombré. She was barefoot and had decorative seashells in her hair that was slicked back into a bun. She had glittery teal eyeshadow with a liner that was a wave shape. Her neck was painted a very light teal white like sea foam.

"You look beautiful." I mumbled and held her hands. Finnick walked over with Harris. He was in a robe with the same tela ombré color. Just the robe, nothing under it. He was barefoot too. His hair was slicked back, and had a blue glitter liner as well.

"Okay you two, I want you to make the audience love you. Not just love, I want them to worship you." Finnick explained. "Look at direct people in the crowd, wink at them, blow kisses. Whatever works." He smiled. They got on the carriage, two white horses pulling them, and they were off. We made our way down one of the floors to a white hall where we could watch the parade.

Annie and Harris didn't look enthusiastic enough. It was too much, it looked fake. The parade was over, so we went back to the quarters. We went over the other reapings, and soon it was off to bed again. Zion had sold me, so I didn't have to go to any of the Capitol's citizens, thankfully.

~

"Finnick Odair, the President is here to see you"

Word Count
{481}