Chapter 2: I'm not leaving

"Who is she?"

"Why is she with F4?"

"Ah, she's so pretty!"

Those were the whispers Meiling heard around herself while walking through the Mingde University's hallways with F4 by her side. Daoming Si and Huaze Lei were by her each side, while Meizou and Ximen were behind them.

"Did you ever thought our little Meili will ever attract so many stares?" Meizou asked teasingly as they walked away from the crowd.

"Still surprised how the one childish tomboy we used to know is now a graceful ballerina." Ximen said as they chuckled, making the girl smirk proud.

"I missed this." Meiling finally said.

"What? Walking with us?" Daoming Si asked confused and Meiling shook her head.

"Not really. I mean that too, but I missed being the princess of the school." Meiling said and the boys rolled their eyes.

"If that's the case why do you still stay with us? Wouldn't you be better off alone?" Daoming Si asked offended trying to ignite a fight with his sister like those time when they were little. But the reaction he expected never came as his sister started to giggle.

"Because I will always be by your side brother." Meiling said smiling and looking at Si and snaking her arm around his, walking now by his side. "Besides, I am a Daoming. My place is at the top." Mailing said smirking as they walked to the Bridge Club room.

As they were walking Meiling turned her attention to the quiet member of F4 while letting the others pass by her.

"What's the matter Lei? You've been very quiet this morning." Meiling said noticing his behavior. She started to walk by his side. The man just looked at her.

"I'm just surprised that you are really here. I thought that what happened yesterday was just a dream." Huaze Lei said quietly and Meiling smiled softly at him. She then grabbed his hand making him look at her and stop walking.

"I'm here Lei." She said smiling and then put her other hand on his cheek caressing it gently. They both stopped and Lei leaned in her touch. "And I'm not leaving any time soon." Meiling assured making the man smile at what she said.

"Promise?" Lei asked, his voice a little shaky as Meiling showed him a warm smile.

"Hey lovebirds! You coming?" The two heard Meizou yelling, thing that snapped them out of their gaze.

"Coming!" Meiling yelled back towards the boys in front of her. She then grabbed Lei's hand and started to drag him after her. "I promise." She whispered to Lei and he smiled like an idiot.

They arrived next to Ximen and Meizou, and started to climb the stairs but stopped at the sight in front of them: Daoming Si was covered in in cake.

"You again?" Si said glaring at the two girls. The four behind were having a hard time trying to control their laughs.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it." Li Zhen said scarred.

"If apologies worked, why would we need the police?" Si asked angry.

"Si let me help you clean up." Li Zhen said and wanted to wipe the cake off Si's face, but the man pushed her away making her fall.

"Si!" Meiling yelled surprised. She knew her brother wasn't the most gentle person on the planet but he shouldn't have pushed the girl that hard. Meiling wanted to help Li Zhen but Lei hold her. While Meiling looked at him confused Shancai made her way towards her friend's side and helped her up.