Chapter 42: I'm scared, Mei

It's been a few days since Meiling and Cheng talked. Even though Meiling always assured the boys she hated the guy's guts and said she can't stand him, she started to spend a lot of time with the He heir.

"Don't you think Mei is spending too much time with that Cheng guy?" Ximen asked as he was sipping from his tea while reading a book. Ah Si and Meizou were playing some cards while Lei was cleaning his violin.

"I noticed it too. Ah Si? What do you think?" Lei asked and the Daoming heir looked at his friend and shrugged.

"I don't really know. I wanted to confront her yesterday. She was having a lot of hair dyer in her hands and was wearing a devilish smirk. Before I could say anything to her she just told me she is heading to the He mansion. Later in the evening she was walking around the house while humming as if she just won the lottery." Ah Si explained and the boys looked at each other confused.

"That's weird. Even for her." Meizou commented and then he turned to Lei. "Didn't she tell you what she and Cheng talked about on that date?" He asked and Lei shook his head while cleaning the violin.

"She just told me that Cheng most likely lost his mind, but she will handle him." Lei said. He was worried for Meiling after she came from that 'date', but she just assured him everything will be fine. But after that date, Lei noticed Meiling and Cheng spending a lot of time together and now, he didn't know what to believe anymore. Was Meiling changing her mind about Cheng? He then looked at Meizou and another thought popped into his mind. "What about Xiuying? Did she tell you anything about Meiling and Cheng?" 

Meizou looked at his friend and after some minutes of thinking he just shrugged. "Xixi knows just as much as you know. As far as I know, she doesn't really see the guy with bad eyes, but she is still warry of him." Meizou said and the boys nodded.

Lei kept silent. He needed to find out more about it. He didn't like what was going on around him. At this moment, even though Meiling was next to him, she seemed so far away.

~~~

"You know you are acting really strange these days, right?" Ah Si asked his sister. He was in the living room, siting in his favorite armchair with his arms folded in front of his chest while giving her a judgemental look. Meiling was siting on the sofa across him, looking at her phone, typing away. She looked at him with raised eyebrows in question.

"What do you mean by 'strange'? I am acting as always." She said confused as she put her phone away giving her brother all her attention. Ah Si raised an eyebrow not believing her for one second.

"Do you want to tell me you didn't notice you are always on your phone? Smiling most of the time or even giggling?" Ah Si asked and Meiling sighed.

"So? Why is it so weird I am giggling or smiling while I am on my phone?" Meiling asked confused. Ah Si scoffed rolling his eyes. He was getting tired of her game of answering a question with another question.

"Cut the crap Mei. I know you are talking with him!" Ah Si snapped.

"Him?" Meiling furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"I can't believe it. Did you really forgive him? After all the things he put you through and how he walks around with that cocky attitude and stupid smirk, as if he owns the damn world?" Ah Si snapped.

"Who the hell are you talking about?" Meiling asked confused as she started to get irritated by Ah Si's babbler. 

"He Cheng!" Ah Si said and Meiling's eyes widened. "You two seemed to spend a lot of time together. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you were talking on the phone with him all this time and this was the reason why you were giggling." He said and Meiling scoffed.