Chapter 52: Old souls facing new problems

It's been a few days since the incident with the Hot Spring from the He hotel. The Hes has been asking to know about Meiling's well being, a thing that pleased Feng very much seeing how her daughter was winning them over. 

"Isn't she so smart?" Feng asked her secretary amused. "She decided to play the damsel in distress at the best time possible. This way she gave Cheng to play the hero and let Huaze Lei to watch that she doesn't need him." The woman continued with a huge smile as she chuckled. She took a sip from her tea as she sighed. "She truly is my daughter." Feng said as she looked at the table in front of her a photo of a 16 years old Meiling was placed on it. She took it and smiled at it when she saw her daughter being dressed as a ballerina and having a bouquet of flowers in her hands. "Beautiful, talented, strong willed and cunning. A true Daoming." Feng said pleased as she placed the photo back on the table.

Feng was still furious about her son lack of action towards the Xiaozi but she was pleased enough of Meiling's success to decide to let it slide this time.

Somewhere in the mansion, in her dance studio, Meiling refused to do anything else beside dancing. She was tired of her thoughts running wild around her mind and not being able to tame them or at least to be able to calm down. She was restless. And she needed to do something that she knew she wasn't going to be criticized or forced to do through blackmail or threats.

Meiling panted tiredly as she looked at herself in the mirror, watching every inch of her body, every muscle tensing and relaxing uncontrollably. Suddenly she heard applauses and she quickly turned to see who it was.

"I must admit I was impressed when I saw you the first time dancing as the black swan, but this was amazing." Cheng said as he walked inside the room.

"What are you doing here?" Meiling asked confused as she saw him.

The man rubbed the back of his neck and smiled nervously. "I just finished my business at the company and I was thinking how about we go out, tonight." He suggested and Meiling's eyes widened surprised.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" She asked him. The man started to ramble and stutter and Meiling couldn't stop herself from giggling noticing. She couldn't believe her eyes and acknowledge the fact that a few weeks ago the man that was practically sweating nervously to ask her on a date right now used to always have an arrogant smirk on his face every time.

"Cheng, I would love to, really, but I need to practice." Meiling said with a sweet smile. With time she started to get used and actually grew to like Cheng's company and get along with him, but there were times she just missed the way she was with her friends before she was thrown in this whole crazy carousel. "It's not like I don't want to, but I really need to get this step right, otherwise my teacher won't be happy about me." Meiling chuckled.

Cheng nodded and suddenly he started to take his jacket off and throw it somewhere in a corner of the room. Meiling looked at him shocked of his actions as he turned to her and reached his hand out. "What are you doing?" She asked raising an eyebrow as she eyed him surpiciously.

"Being your partner for the day, miss. I thought maybe it wouldn't hurt to have some help on the way." He shrugged as he said. Meiling looked between him and his hand and after some time she took his hand. 

She started to explain to him what she needed him to do and when to let her do her thing and surprisingly Cheng was kind of good. At one point, she stood in front of him and twirled as Cheng helped her and then got in the end position. She could feel his breath hitting the back of her neck and a shiver running down her spine. His hand wrapped around her waist as the other was holding one of her hands.