Chapter 38: Are we in trouble?

It's been three days since Ah Si's birthday party. As Lei predicted, Meiling never told Ah Si about what happened between her and their mother. The heir of the Daoming Group barely talked with his mother and instead spend more time with his sister, asking her time to time if she needed something or if he can help her with something, either it was something about school or just something in general.

"And he was so clingy lately. I mean, it's not like I mind it, but isn't he suppose to be like this with his girlfriend?" Meiling asked Xiuying as the two walked out of their class. 

Xiuying chuckled at her friend's problem. "Oh let him be. Maybe he is trying to make sure you don't feel left out." She consoled.

"Left out?" Meiling asked confused as she raised an eyebrow.

"You know. Most of the girls that are close to their brothers start to feel abandoned once their brothers gets girlfriend. You might also become insecure about the bond between you two and the possibility of Ah Si choosing Shancai over you." Xiuying explained her theory and Meiling looked at her like she was crazy.

"Ok, I know my brother has a lot of flaws and he can impulsive, but I am sure of one thing between us. There is nothing that will be able to break the bond between me and my brother. Me and my brother might fight often, might not see everything eye to eye, but I know at the end of the day he is going to be by my side, having my back against anyone." Meiling said with a proud smile while standing straight.

"I wish me and my brother were that close." Xiuying said with a sad smile. 

"You never told me you had a brother." Meiling said stopping in her track shocked.

"Yeah. We don't get to talk that often." Xiuying said stopping too. Meiling put an hand on her friend's shoulder.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Meiling asked and Xiuying just smiled as she resumed walking.

"There's not much to talk about. After my dad cheated on my mom, they soon divorced and dad took my brother with him, because mom couldn't feed two kids, and he soon got married to his mistress. They are in France now. Me and my brother, Bingwen, tried to keep in contact, but with time..." Xiuying explained.

"You just drift apart." The girls said in unison. Xiuying looked surprised at Meiling but the young Daoming just showed an understanding smile.

"Yeah. I know how that feels." Meiling sighed. "How is your mother's treatment?" She asked curious. Meiling found out once that Xiuying's mother was having diabetes type one and that Xiuying was working at a bar and at a cafe to pay for medicine for her mother and for her tuition for college.

"The doctor said he can't keep come at our house to check on her since he has others patients that go to his clinic. But I am searching for the medication he gave me a few times. She looks better these days." Xiuying said with a smile on her face, but Meiling could make the difference between a true smile and what she liked to call a 'stage' smile. 

"She will get through this. I know she will." Meiling said smiling as she took an hold of her best friend's hand. The two walked out of the building and around the campus. Right around the stairs where students usually likes to stay to learn their notes, a man approached the girls.

"Miss Meiling. I was sent by the president to get you." The man in suit said.

"My mother? She knows I have classes until at 5 pm. Why would she send for me?" Meiling asked confused.

"The president cleared your schedule. If you don't believe me you can look yourself." The man said. Meiling took her phone and looked her schedule. There has been emails sent from her to the teachers she was going to have classes that day telling them she was having something important scheduled that noon. Meiling looked up from her phone to the man that was smiling kindly at her.