Chapter 44: Mei and Daoming Meiling

"The president is waiting for you." Daoming Feng's assistant informed Lei while pointing towards the living room. The violinist didn't know what to expect that morning when he received a message from the Daoming head which said that she wanted to see him and talk. So, he gathered all his courage and walked in the room.

"Lei. Please, take a seat." Feng said smiling politely as she gestured towards the chair next to her. The boy just nodded and without saying too much, he took a seat. "Lei, some unfortunate things happened at Si's birthday party. I wasn't able to contact you afterward." The woman said in a worried look but from Lei's point of view he was able to see through all her act. Feng wasn't the kind of person to waste her time with sentimental matters like this. Something else was in the middle, and Lei was wondering what.

"That's alright, Mrs. Daoming. Why did you ask me to come here?" Lei asked, not wanting to waste too much time. Feng smiled at his words. Aside from admiring his musical talent, the woman also admired Lei's efficiency in business.

"I watched you, Si and Meiling grow up together. I contacted Jing's family earlier. They said that Jing won't come back anymore, is that right?" Feng asked curious and Lei furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Why are you asking me that?" He tilted his head in question. 

"Actually, I heard about you and Shancai. She used to like you. And because she couldn't get your affection, she decided to accept Ah Si. Is that what happened?" Feng asked whit her eyebrows raised in question. Lei was a little surprised of the question. He was well aware if Shancai's feelings for him, he wasn't going to deny it, but all those feelings were just a mere crush. Shancai's feelings for Ah Si were totally different. And he knew that.

"Mrs. Daoming, I think you have misunderstood. Shancai only likes Ah Si." Lei said in a monotone voice which made the woman in front of his chuckle.

"Do you undertsand Ah Si's personality? He likes to take other people's things. Just like that Spiderman toy you had when you were little. He got tired of it once he stole it from you. I'm worried that Shancai is going to be just like your toy. After Ah Si gets her, he will get bored and dump her. Shancai will end up getting hurt." Feng said in a worried tone.

"Ah Si was naughty before, but he's all grown up now. With Meiling's help he also grew up and learned to look at things from another point of view. He wouldn't do that." Lei assured but Feng just sighed.

"Ah Si was fickle-minded ever since he was a kid, and Meiling was the strategic one, keeping him in check. Even though Mei was always by his side and helped her brother take the best decisions, she won't be able to do that anymore due to the fact she is also engaged." Feng said while giving a small smile. "Also, I heard that your father's company is not doing so well lately." 

"I'm not sure about that." Lei confessed while looking down at his hands. He heard his parents talking about some issues, but he didn't know all the details. Just recently his mother came back from the hospital after she went through a surgery with her leg after she broke it. 

"I really don't want to see your family's business have trouble. So I've been thinking maybe we can help each other." Feng said smiling and Lei looked at her curious. "I am willing to help your company, if you and Shancai can start over." Feng offered and Lei's eyes widened.

"Mrs. Daoming...you don't mean..." Lei was about to ask and Feng nodded.

"Make Shancai fall in love with you and keep her from Ah Si. Make sure you and Shancai stay far away from my children and let them handle and continue with their engagements. Do that and consider your family business saved." Feng said smiling in victory.

"Mrs. Daoming, don't you think what you are doing it's not right?" Lei asked while raising an eyebrow while smiling amused.

Feng just chuckled at the young man's answer. "You're still young. You'll understand better in the future. There are things where the end is more important than the ways you used to get there." Feng explained.