Chapter 48: She was tired of fighting

"So, to understand better, your brother will come to visit you after spending years in France, only to see you?" Meiling asked smiling as she raised her hand while holding the ballet bar. 

"That's what he wrote in his email." Xiuying nodded.

"You aren't excited about it?" Meiling asked raising her eyebrow, continuing with her ballet exercise. 

"What are you talking about?" Xiuying asked confused as she was sitting on the floor watching the ballerina.

"I mean, you just came here and informed me your brother is coming to visit you after years you two spent apart. I don't know how you are reacting to amazing news, but shouldn't you be dancing around on jumping in happiness?" Meiling asked. Xiuying just shrugged as she got her phone out and looked at it.

Meiling noticed the lost expression on her face and decided to stop her dance. She walked next to her friend and sit down, seeing at what Xiuying was looking at. It was a photo of two kids, a boy and a girl. They were so adorable together, smiling wide to the camera while hugging tight. 

"The last time we saw each other I was 15 and he was 17. I am 21 now, and I changed so much." Xiuying said as she closed her phone and turned to Meiling. "What if he won't recognize me anymore? What if we become complete strangers?" Xiuying asked with a shaking tone. Meiling noticed her eyes getting teary and pulled her friend in a comforting embrace. "That thought it's horrifying, Mei. He was my brother. My best friend. What if-" Meiling cut her off.

"Hey hey hey." She said pulling form the hug to face Xiuying. "He texted you. He told you he wants to visit you. That means he miss his little sister. Listen..." Meiling said as she wiped a tear away. "When I came back from States, I thought I lost the boys. I thought they will look at me like I was a complete stranger... or worse, hate me for leaving. But they didn't. They hugged me tight, and we talked a whole night. We might have talked even the day after we weren't supposed to come for college." Meiling said smiling wide as a chuckle escaped Xiuying's lips. "You don't have to worry about your relationship with your brother getting colder or getting destroyed. In fact, I think he will hug you so tight that you won't be able to breath." Meiling said as she threw her arms around her friend and Xiyuing chuckled more.

"Thanks, Mei." the law student smiled. 

"Anytime. Hey, did he say when he is coming?" Meiling asked curious.

"Probably next month? Even he doesn't know. This guy... he was never organized." Xiuying complained and Meiling giggled amused.

Suddenly the door burst open and the girls turned around to look who was it. "I was searching everywhere for you!" Xaiozi said as she panted and walked to the girls.

"Xiaozi? Are you alright?" Meiling asked worried as she saw the younger girl. She looked hurried.

Xiaozi just grabbed the ballerina's hand and started to drag her after her. "You need to come with me. You are waited." Xiaozi said as she dragged Meiling out of the room, with Xiuying following behind.

"Wait! What happened?" Meiling asked confused.

"Not time to explain." Xiaozi said as she took the girl with her. They soon saw a whole crew of people around the door wanting to pick in. 

"Why are so many people there?" Meiling asked confused.

Inside the amphitheater, F4 was looking around the crowd for the one and only He Cheng. Ah Si wanted to know what the deal was with the He heir, but the luck wasn't on his side. Suddenly there was a dead silence when Cheng finally walked on the stage where a piano was placed. He was holding a mic in his hand and looked at the crowd. "Daoming Meiling?" He asked and the crowd went silent until people started to move to make a path. When F4 looked closer they spotted the called girl at the door of the room, looking confused at the man on the stage. "I have something to show you." He continued and took his seat at the piano.