Chapter 45: Don't you think we should date too?

"I don't know how to feel about this." Meiling said as she munched on her food. "I mean, just a few days ago he was a crying mess over Shancai and couldn't stand Xiaozi, and the next second I am not next to him he ask Xiaozi out? I am barely understanding my brother." She continued as she sighed.

"Wait...are you saying you don't support them? You said that Xiaozi is one of your friends. So isn't it good?" Xiuying asked confused.

"No...it's not that. It's just..." Meiling sighed and Xiuying looked at her confused. "I don't want Xiaozi to suffer." She confessed.

"Why do you think she will suffer? I mean, she is your friend, your brother is dating her and your families are supporting them." Xiuying explained but Meiling just shook her head.

"My brother is not dating Xiaozi for the right reasons." Meiling cut in and Xiuying's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "I'm afraid Ah Si is dating Xiaozi to forget about Shancai." She informed and Xiuying's eyes widened in surprise.

"You don't think that." She said surprised as Meiling nodded.

"Xixi...you weren't there after Shancai broke up with him. It's impossible for someone, especially my brother, to move on so fast." Meiling sighed. Xiuying didn't know how to answer to that. She spend some time with the Daoming heir, but she never got the chance to know him that well. However, from what Meiling told her, she started to doubt the relationship and the reasons behind Ah Si's actions and started to fear for the He heiress's feelings.

"MEI!" The two girls heads snapped in the direction of the voice to find a very excited Xiaozi running towards them.

"Xiaozi?" Meiling asked confused as she got up and the He heiress run right into her arms. "What are you doing here?" She asked and Xiaozi pulled from the hug with a huge smile on her face.

"I came here to announce you that we are going on a double date!" Xiaozi said with enthusiasm. Meiling's eyes widened in shock as she looked from Xiuying to Xiaozi.

"Hold on. We?" Meiling asked as her younger friend nodded.

"Yes silly. You, Ah Si, me and Cheng. We all are going on a double date." Xiaozi said and that got Meiling completely silent. She didn't know what to say. 

"When and how did this happen?" Meiling asked but Xiaozi just grabbed her hand.

"Not time to waste. Let's go!" Xiaozi said and without wasting any more time she started to drag Meiling after her.

~~~

"You know, when I said I agree with us being friends, I never meant also doing this." Cheng said with an amusing smirk on his face as he and Meiling were both wearing animal hats.

"You are enjoying this too much for your own good, aren't you?" Meiling asked him and Cheng just shrugged.

"Maybe just a little." Cheng said while gesturing with his fingers. He then reached out his hand with the rainbow cotton candy while giving the ballerina a smile. "Cotton candy?" 

Meiling just rolled her eyes and took it out of his hand and started to stuff her mouth while he just smirked amused. "Not a word." She said sternly as Cheng just showed his hands in surrender. 

"I wasn't going to say anything." Cheng said and then watched Meiling munching on the food while looking ahead at her brother and Xiaozi. "You're stressed. Why are you stressed?" Cheng asked confused. Meiling looked at him, her mouth full of cotton candy, as she then looked back at the couple in front of them and then back at him.

"Isn't it obvious? Our siblings. I'm worried about Xiaozi." Meiling said as she continued to eat cotton candy. She then heard a chuckle and turned to Cheng to find him smiling. "I'm sorry. Are you laughing at me?" Meiling asked as Cheng shook his head but still laughed. "You are!" She said pointing to him. "You are laughing!"