Chapter 51: Hot Springs and Saunas

"Ah Si and Meiling are going with the He siblings to the He Group's Hot Springs hotel tonight." The assistant of Daoming Feng informed her. A smirk appeared on the woman's face as she walked.

"Xiaozi is so smart. She's a fast learner. What about Mei and Cheng? What news do you have about them?" Feng asked curious.

"Meiling finally accepted for them to start a relationship. Yesterday, Cheng visited her at school and brought her flowers and a necklace." The assistant informed.

Feng furrowed her eyebrows at the news. She didn't know anything about a new necklace, the only thing Meiling only wore around her neck was that ballerina necklace she had from Lei. 

"Well, she accepted the relationship. It's a small, but very important step. Anything else?" Feng asked curious.

The assistant sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "About Ah Si and Meiling going to the Hot Spring, I found out that Huaze Lei and Shancai went with them." He informed and with that Feng stopped in her track and turned to him.

"How did this happen?" She asked with an angry tone as she raised an eyebrow.

"Ah Si and Xiaozi met them at a coffee shop, and invited them. After that they also called Meiling and Cheng to go with them and they went together." The assistant explained.

Feng sighed frustrated. "Shancai always linger around them. What is she planning to do?" Feng asked herself and after some moments she turned to her assistant. "You said she was with Huaze Lei, right?" She asked and the man nodded. "Maybe she thinks that there's no hope for her and Ah Si so she is working on Lei now. She might give up when she will see how well Ah Si and Xiaozi are together." Feng said shrugging.

"And Huaze Lei?" The assistant asked catching the woman's attention. "What if he tries something to get between Meiling and Cheng?" He continued.

A smirk appeared on Feng's face as she just turned and walked in the kitchen's direction. "I wouldn't be worried it's going to work for him. Meiling is a very smart girl that will always do what is right. She knows better than to mess things up for our family." Feng said walking unbothered in the kitchen leaving behind a confused man.

~~~

"It feels nice." Xiaozi exhaled smiling.

"It's been a while since I came to a Hot Spring. It was really needed." Meiling said sighing. Shancai looked at the two girls who were enjoying the warm air.

"Shancai? What's wrong?" Xiaozi asked. The freshman looked surprised at the one that called her and then she looked at Meiling who looked at her confused.

"Nothing. I was just thinking how great it is here." Shancai lied, however the He heiress didn't notice that, but Meiling did. The eldest girl noticed the way Shancai was always lost in thoughts or frowning ever since they came at the Hot Springs. And the Daoming heiress had a guess what the freshman was thinking about.

"Thank you. I really believe I am living the dream right now. Going to a sauna with my best friends, having food and chatting together." She giggled. "I'm so happy." she confessed and a small smile appeared on Meiling's face. Even though she knew Ah Si didn't love her in the way she wanted, it was good to see Xiaozi smiling like that.

"By the way." Xiaozi suddenly said. "Meiling, you have to be my bridesmaid at mine and Ah Si's wedding." she said to the person she considers as a sister. "You too Shancai." She continued turning to the freshamn.

Being a bridesmaid to her brother's wedding? Meiling didn't know what to say about that thought. She knew one day she will play this role for her brother and sister, but she never thought this moment was coming so fast. And another thing that she couldn't believe was the fact that she won't have Lei as her partner. No. She will join the wedding as Cheng's girlfriend, probably fiance by the time Ah Si and Xiaozi get married.