Chapter 33: Just please, hang on

Meiling sighed tiredly as she walked inside the classroom. She just saw her brother having a long face after his economy class with their friends. He has been like that ever since he apologized to Shancai, and no, not with the apology the boys taught him. With an apology from the bottom of his heart, and even though Meiling was proud of him for doing that, the same couldn't be said for the boy who was rejected by the girl he loved.

In the classroom Meiling was able to see Ximen, Meizuo and Lei on the stairs talking. She approached them and offered them a small smile as a greeting.

"I just saw my brother with a really sad face. Guess he still didn't get over the fact his apology was rejected." Meiling sighed tiredly. Lei made his way closer to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder as he nodded.

"I saw him earlier too, and he ignored me." He said towards the group.

"I think his failed apology affected him more than we expected." Meizuo said as he leaned against a desk.

"If we could transfer dating knowledge through our blood, I'm willing to transfuse mine for him." Ximen sighed and that made the boys chuckle.

"I'm even willing to donate my marrow bone, brain cells and heart." Meizuo joked and the two boys chuckled.

"If so, you guys should approach Shancai and persuade her." Lei said with a sly smirk. His words made Meiling's eyes sparkle at the idea as she gave the boys in front of her a hopeful look. Ximen and Meizuo were charming guys when they want to be. If they were to talk with Shancai maybe she would agree to talk with her brother calmly.

Seeing the look in her eyes Ximen shook his head quickly and look in the opposite direction of her. "No way. No." He refused.

"You wanted to donate blood, didn't you?" Meiling asked while raising an eyebrow.

"You know what? There are two phrases in this world that you need to say for yourself." Ximen said calm as he looked at Meiling with a brothely smile. She understood just by the way he looked at her that this was a situation Ah Si had to solve himself. To work really hard for Shancai's forgiveness.

" 'I love you' and 'I'm sorry'." Meiling said quietly as she nodded.

"Exactly. We can't always solve Ah Si's problem or have him expecting things to go always his way or solve themselves. He has to work for this relationship if he wants it." Meizuo said giving her another smile as the girl nodded.

"I understand." Meiling said quietly as the two boys started to descend the stairs and walk to the exit room. Seeing her mood Lei took his arm from her shoulder and instead took her hand in his. Meiling's eyes widened in surprise when she felt his touch and saw their intertwined fingers. She looked up at him and met his chocolate eyes looking straight into her dark ones and a warm smile resting on his lips.

"Come on, drop the frown." Lei said as he started to descend the stairs while dragging Meiling after him.

"Where are we going?" Meiling asked curious. Lei just gave her a small smirk before his face leaned closer to hers as he was now standing in front of her.

"I am taking you to the cafeteria, where I will buy you a big slice of strawberry cheesecake." Lei said and not long after he finished his sentence Meiling's eyes started to sparkle.

"Wait, really?!" A wide smile spread along her features. The boy in front of her chuckled at he admired her childish smile. For sure, Meiling loved strawberry cheesecake. Some times he even wondered if she would ever trade F4 for just one slice. The thought made him feel in danger.

"Yes. Now drop the frown." Lei said smiling while shaking his index finger in a scolding manner. Meiling giggled at him and grabbed his index finger looking at him.