Chapter 30: A MERE BLIZZARD?!

"Ouch!" Ah Si whined after he received a punch in his shoulder from his sister.

"I thought you died, you idiot!" Meiling yelled. 

Ah Si just scoffed with a smirk. "A mere blizzard can't do anything to me." Si shrugged.

"A mere blizzard? A MERE BLIZZARD?! Why you little-" Meiling was about to hit him again but Si just grabbed his sister and engulfed her in a tight embrace.

"I'm fine Mei." Si whispered in her ear and the girl wrapped her arms around her brother and clenched her fist in his jacket. The feeling of worry and fear was replaced with relief and peace. She inhaled his scent, somehow trying to convince herself once more that she was hugging her brother. That he wasn't just an illusion or a dream. After some time the two siblings pulled from the hug and Meiling smiled at her brother.

"We're glad you are alright." Ximen said.

At his words, Ah Si's expression hardened. "Sure, we are ok. But..." His eyes fell on Xinhui and Baihe. "Who was it that said that Xiaoyou went out?" He asked while his look was full of hatred and rage.

"Shancai, we're so glad you are safe. People say that you'll be blessed if you survive a crisis." Xinhui rambled afraid.

"Yes, Shancai. Thank goodness you are safe." Baihe agreed while stuttering.

"If Ah Si and Shancai had died in the blizzard, how would you make up for it?" Lei asked angry.

"The two of you have to leave. I won't allow such despicable women to live under the same roof as me." Ah Si said in a cold tone.

"You don't have to worry about that brother." Meiling said patting his shoulder. "I already talked with them last night and they agreed to make their luggage and go home. They will also pay for their tickets and all the things included in this holiday since nobody invited them in the first place." Meiling said smirking and then turning to the girls. "Isn't that right girls?" Meiling asked smirking while folding her arms in front of her chest.

Xinhui and Baihe stood frozen while looking down without saying a word. Having enough of their pitiful behavior, Ah Si walked towards them and grabbed their arms.

"Doaming Si, it's cold and snowy outside. We'll freeze if we leave this house." Xinhui complained in fear.

"Please, Doaming Si. Don't kick us out." Baihe begged helplessly. 

"Funny how that didn't crossed your minds when you lied to Shancai." Ah Si yelled in rage while his grip on the girls' arms tightened. 

"Shancai, please forgive us." Xinhui said lowering her head in shame.

"Shancai, you're a good person. You wouldn't let us freeze to death outside, right?" Baihe asked as a sparkle of hope shinned in her eyes.

"Asking for help from the girl you ruled into danger? You girls are truly shameless. We already had this conversation. Ah Si, kick them out." Meiling said serious as her brother started to drag the girls to the door.

"Wait!" Shancai said stopping everyone. "I'm back safe and sound. I hurt my foot, but it's nothing serious." Shancai said quietly as everybody looked at her surprised.

"Shancai, you and Doaming Si were caught in a heavy blizzard. If Ah Si wouldn't had found you, you could have died." Xiuying said as Meiling nodded.

"Xixi is right. You two scared all of us to death." Meiling said with furrowed eyebrows as Lei walked next to her and started to rub her arms in comfort.

"Look, nothing bad happened to me and Doaming Si. So how about....we forget about that?" Shancai asked and everybody looked at her like she has gone mad.