Chapter 20: What about the pain?

"Cheers!" Zhuang said raising her glass.

"Cheers!" The others said in unison raising their glasses.

"I think we were able to settle the matter today, right?" Meizuo asked smiling.

"I hope so but Si isn't home yet. Neither Meiling." Ximen said sighing. "I am not sure where he went after the competition. And I believe Meiling went after him." Ximen said.

"Those two are always together. As their big sister I am happy to see them getting along but they make me feel left out." Zhuang said while folding her arms.

"You don't have to feel left out Miss Zhuang. We are here for you." Meizuo said smiling and Zhuang shook her head smiling.

"To think how those two hated each other at first." Zhuang said and Shancai looked shocked at the older woman.

"Meiling and Doaming Si hated each other?" Shancai asked shocked and Zhuang nodded smiling.

"You would be surprised how much Ah Si hated the fact he was no longer the youngest." Zhuang said smirking. "He would always make Meiling cry. He would pull her hair or take her toys away." Zhuang continued as she sighed.

"How did they end up so close?" Shancai asked curious.

Zhuang looked at the three boys and smirked. "You know what they say, you don't know what you have until it's gone." Zhuang said smirking and Shancai raised her eyebrows. "When Meiling was born she came before the due date. Her body was really fragile and she had problems breathing. The doctors said that she will be really weak when she will get sick. After Si started to bully Meiling, one day she got sick. She had problems breathing since she was still young, so our parents took her to the hospital. Meiling stayed in the hospital for a week or so, meanwhile at home I told Si that I don't know if our sister will be able to survive." Zhuang said smirking and Shancai's eyes widened in shock.

"Why would you do that?" Shancai asked.

"As Zhuang said before, Si used to bully Meiling. If he would have believed that his little sister got sick and had low chances of recovering because of him he would feel guilty and hopefully change his behavior." Lei explained to the girl and Zhuang nodded.

"After a week, when Meiling was brought back home, Si brought all his toys in her room and gave them all to her. Some time later he started to spend more and more time with Meiling and started to help in taking care of her." Zhuang said and then she started to chuckled. "He once came at me really happy and yelled: ZHUANG ZHUANG! MEI HOLD MY FINGER! SHE LOVES ME!" Zhuang said laughing and everybody chuckled as they imagined an excited Si talking about his baby sister. "Si swore that no matter what he will protect Meiling, and because of spending so much time together, Meiling started to look up to him and look after him too." Zhuang continued and Meizuo and Ximen nodded.

"That's why no other boy was able to get close to Meiling. Si got really overprotective of Meiling." Ximen said smirking.

"Aside from their protectiveness towards each other, their loyalty towards each other is unbelievable." Meizuo said smiling wide.

"Meiling loves all of us, but if there is ever going to be a fight in the group, no matter who is in the wrong, she will pick her brother no matter what." Lei explained and Shancai nodded being amazed at the bond between the two siblings.

"That's truly amazing." Shancai said smiling but Zhuang scoffed.

"Not when you have to live with those two little brats. Si is impulsive and straightforward, but Meiling is a little fox, and the fact that me and our mother taught her how to be like this is more frustrating. When the two works together against me is so frustrating." Zhuang said shaking her head and the others chuckled. Shancai knew what the woman meant, as she saw how Meiling can confuse people when it came to her expression, or even the way she acted can look so real yet she can have another plan in her mind.