Witness protection

"Thank you miss y/n, we appreciate you're cooperation. In the meantime, is there any place your able to stay? If not, the police department can rent you a hotel-"

"No!" She shot at the detective. "No?..." he mumbled. "I'm sorry... just no hotel . I'll stay with my aunt, thanks though." She put her head down and wrapped the blanket tighter around herself.

"Move! Where is she!?" A loud voice came into earshot in seconds. She peaked out the grey door of the interrogation room even though there was not much to see.

A man with black hair sprouted in the room. "Y/N!" he cried. She was immediately embraced in a hug by long muscular arms. "Y/n! I'm so glad your alive!" His words were loud and sloppy.

He pulled back to look you directly in the eyes with his teary ones. "Kuroo senpai!!" You began to get emotional. "I saw you on the news! Thank God your okay!" He was speaking faster than you could understand.

"Y/n..." a short woman with a massive resemblance to kuroo entered the room. "Miss tetesuro! I- where's my mom? My dad? My sister!?" You jumped out of kuroo's arms.

The room went quiet and both tetsuros looked downward. "I'm sorry y/n... Their not with us anymore." You're throat felt dry and you couldn't swallow.

"All of them?" You quietly asked. "Well" she started. There was no way to sugar coat the death of you're family. "You're father got into a car accident under intoxication after getting a divorce with you're mother..."

She continued, "and youre mother and sister were both found dead with reason and evidence to believe it was suicide." She finished.

Suddenly a feeling hit you. It felt like a hand, coated with acid, with sharp nails had gripped your swollen heart with no mercy.

At once, you're legs became weak. Kuroo catching you before the Collison if you and the floor. "Y/n. You can stay with me and my mom for as long as you need to, we just want to help" kuroo hugged you tight.

__________________________

"Thank you kuroo, I appreciate the offer." You're voice was quiet and you were still shaking. He picked you up bridal style and his mother helped sign the papers to put you under witness protection. They took you home and kuroo offered you his bed while he slept on the floor.

It rained the same night you went home with them and you still couldn't get you're mind off of kenma, even though it was all over. You were staying with his best friend for Christ sake.

You and kuroo were friends before all of... that happened but it was still kind of awkward, mostly because he pitied you the entire time.

Ring ding~

From the dim light in the room, you could see kuroo sit up from the bottom of his bed. " kuroo-" you slowly sat up". "Shh, wait" he put his hand up, signaling for you to be quiet.

Ring ding~

"Oh, it's just the doorbell-" he looked at the alarm clock on the dresser, pausing, after reading 4:16 5am. "Who the fuck would be here at four in the morning?" He got up

________________________

[Kenma pov]

The rain wasn't stopping anytime soon. I was shivering at the door, nervous and frustrated. What would he say when he saw me? Would he give me a chance to explain? Would he understand? Would he forgive me?

I subconsciously spammed the doorbell, mind racing, looking crazy and disheveled. I was soaking wet and my hair dropped over my face.

I look a mess and I have no good reason for what I did. How could I face my own best friend who trusted me, who I abandon, who tried to help me?

[Your pov]

Kuroo swung the door open, yawning, he looked around to find no one there. He instantly shut the door, leading you to the kitchen and grabbing a knife.

"Did you even check if it was a package?" You said to him, he didn't mind you as he still faced the door watching it intently.

"Y/n, who the fuck would be delivering packages at 4am? It's obviously a human trying to lure us outside. Any type of bug would not be strong enough to ring the doorbell and it was multiple times. Tell me that a not suspicious." He looked back at you with a deadpanned face.

You paused, realizing every Staten was true. "Not to mention..." he continued. "... kenma knows exactly where I live" the last words made you're blood run cold.

Knowing this, you sat down, nearly fainting. Kenma was smart enough to figure you might have been with kuroo all along. What if it was kenma at the door? Playing tricks on you?

Your grabbed an extra knife and sat under the table. There's no way kenma found me so soon. The stairs began to creak and kuroo bolted his head in that direction.

A short shadowy figure began approaching the door and the lights flickered on. You're heart dropped.

"Kuroo, baby, what have I told you about staying up so late." His mother cried. "Are you paranoid again? Maybe you need you're meds-" "I don't mom! Can you just forget about the damn meds!?"

He pulled you from under the table and and stormed away with you in his grasp. "Night miss tetsuro!" You scurried past her and she gave you a worried smile.

Thanks for reading humans! Thank you for supporting the book and please join our discord server, link is on the comment board. Have a wonderful day/ night and I hope you had a great thanksgiving!