Heat... something isn't right!

I woke up very sluggish and the way how I felt, I knew I had a fewer but there was no helping it since there was no one I wanted to rely on. There was the option to go to the police office to be safe but I would rather just stay where I was.

However, fate had something else in mind.

???: And you say Feral was seen entering this building?

HUH!

The moment I heard a voice my head picked up and I tried to listen into their conversation. One thing was fur sure. I didn't know who was talking there. The voice belonged to someone I didn't know and that was something I didn't liked.

???: I am telling you! Someone saw Feral limping!

???: It's now or never.

???: But even if that beast is hurt, it still can kill us!

Oh how right you are!

I won't only attack you but I'll make sure you guys won't get to this idea ever again!

???: There is only one thing we can do.

???: Yeah let's do this!

Do what?

Leave me alone?

That would be the most logic thing to do if you already know that I could kill you!

Now sho!

Let me sleep more!

I was about to get back to sleep if not for the cracking sound that started to get louder.

Is it getting hotter or is it just me?

*Sinff* *Sniff*

FLAMES!

They put my freaking home in flames!

Once I realized it, I was up and wide awake. Though once I tried to get up, I fell back down. My leg hurt way too much and I knew I wouldn't be able to run with it but I didn't had tot. All I had to do was get to the roof and get to the other building.

Seeing as the path downstairs was burning, there was really no other choice than to get up and so I did my best and went upstairs as quickly as possible without irritating my leg. The moment I was up, I knew I had to run and jump from one building to the other. Not only that but I could hear sirens heading my way. They probably are only here to put the fire out but it would be still problematic if they found me and so I started running and jumping form one roof to the other until I found myself heading to the police station.

Soo.... out of every place I could have gone too.... I ended up here?!

They at least can help me and the police officer didn't seem that bad...

I got down from a building and entered the police station. This time I wasn't following anyone but just opened the door myself and went in.

Police Officer: .... *Sigh* Someone get Tsukauchi!

Police Officer: That freaking cheetah again!

Detective: FERAL!!!! Shota already told me that you got shot but... what happened to you buddy?

It really didn't took long for the detective to come running to the front area where I was standing and having one leg in the air. It hurt too much to put the leg down at this point.

Me: ... mew....

I felt horrible and just wanted a place to stay where I could really relax and seeing as the LOV would probably give me something that comes straight from a lab this was the most logic place where to go. They still thought I was just a wild animal anyways.

Detective: Come with me.

Normally I would have done something by now but I was just tired and so I slowly followed the detective inside his office. There I watched him put a blanket on the floor for me and backed away.

Detective: I'll get you some water.

Like a house cat, I went to the place he put the blanket and laid down. The floor felt really cool and I appreciated being there. Not soon after I laid down, I fall asleep.

Tsukauchi's POV:

I still couldn't believe that Feral just came in. Normally he would sneak up on us but this time the cat just came in standing in the entrance area. If not for my officer calling me to see it, I wouldn't have believed them.

After I got back to my office, I found the big cat asleep on the floor.

Me: Must have been tired huh....

There was a faint smell of smoke coming off him but seeing as he was a helping pet to a vigilante I didn't think a lot about it. That was until I got a call telling me they found a dead body in an abandoned warehouse that just burned down.

This is too big of a coincident!

Not only that but they found some remaining papers from our office. Those must be the one that you stole!

Was that your owner?

Is this why you came here?

You lost your owner and don't know where to go?

Me: I wish I could let you stay here but that is not an option.

Looking at the cat on the floor, I knew there was no other way than to ask my dear friend Aizawa to look over the cat. It was after all a vigilante's pet and needed a lot of exercise not to mention that my wife would kill me if I brought back a cheetah home. Then there was also the fact that it was hurt and I didn't know what to do.

In the end I gave Aizawa a call.

Aizawa: Did you find Feral?

How did you know?

Was my call that obvious?!

Or is this your six sense for cats in danger?

Me: Yes.

Aizawa: Where is the cat?

Me: In my office sleeping.

Aizawa: On my way.

Just like that he ended the call. I was honestly surprised to see how fast he picked up my call and ended it. This was probably one of the shortest call I ever had with him.

Me: You'll get some real help Feral.

Feral: ....mew...

As if to answer me the cat made some chirping noises that. It looked like it was sound asleep but the timing was perfect.