Ch. 11 - BATTLEFIELD

Fallon's outfit:

Chapter Eleven🦎 Battlefield 🦎

Chapter Eleven
🦎 Battlefield 🦎

An old and burned book drops to the floor before Derek grabs another from a shelf inside the Hale House, desperately searching and discarding book after book. He pauses, turning to see Fallon walking over to him with her eyebrows raised.

"What are you looking for?" She asked as she walked up to him and he sighed, "A Bestiary. I'm guessing you dont have one?" He asked and she chuckled. "I do... In Puerto Rico." She said and he sighed before looking at her, "Why did you owe my uncle a favor?" He asked and she shrugged slightly.

"When he was a teenager he stopped someone from finding out who I am. You know, different name every fifteen years, gotta make sure people dont figure out my old ones." She said and he nodded slightly before they heard something behind them making them turn around to find Erica and Boyd by the stairs.

"You decided." Derek said and Erica nodded slightly, "When?" Derek asked. "Tonight." Erica said and Boyd nodded, "Everyone's going to be at the game. We figured it was the best time." Boyd said as he mas Erica glanced at each other. "It's not like we want to." Erica says and Fallon raised her eyebrows slightly, "What do you want?" She asked and Erica shrugged slightly.

"Since I just turned sixteen a month ago, I wouldn't mind getting my license. I can't do that if I'm dead, you know." She said making Fallon smiled sadly at her, "I told you there was a price." Derek said and Boyd shook his head. "You didn't tell us it was going to be like this." He said, "But I did tell you how to survive. You do it as a pack. And you're only a pack with an Alpha." Derek said and Boyd nodded.

"We know" Boyd said and realization crossed over Fallon's features, "You're going to look for another pack." Fallon said making Derek look at her before looking back at his betas. "How are you even going to find one?" Derek asked and Boyd and Erica glanced at each other, "We think we already did." Boyd said making Fallon furrow her brows as she and Derek glanced at each other.

"And all of a sudden we hear this howling. It was unbelievable." Erica said and Boyd nodded, "There must have been a dozen of them." He said. "Maybe more." Erica said and Derek nodded slightly, "Or maybe only two. You know what the Beau Geste effect is? If they modulate their howls with a rapid shift in tone, two wolves can sound like twenty." Derek said and Erica and Boyd glanced at each other.

"It doesn't matter. There's another pack out there. There's got to be. We've made up our minds." Erica said and Boyd nodded, "We lost, Derek. It's over. We're leaving." He said and Derek shook his head. "No. No, you're running. And once you start, you don't stop. You'll always be running." Derek said before turning around as Erica grabbed Boyd's hand and they walked off.

Fallon sighed softly before gently grabbing Derek's shoulder, "I wouldn't take it personal." Fallon said making Derek look at her. "While you did start off as pretty bad Alpha but you got better. It's simply, right people, wrong time." Fallon said and Derek stared at her for a moment before suddenly grabbing a piece of broken glass and throwing it to towards the stairs.