Ch. 26 - MORE GOOD THAN BAD

Fallon's outfit:

Chapter Twenty-Six🦊 More Good Than Bad 🦊

Chapter Twenty-Six
🦊 More Good Than Bad 🦊

"You see this equipment? Very old. The settings are not quite accurate anymore. So it's hard to tell just how far to turn the dial." A man named Severo said as he sat at a desk in front of Derek and Peter who was chained to a metal fence, hooked up to some electrical box.

"I think it's a little high." Peter managed to say making Severo turn the electricity voltage up higher. "I've seen some crack their teeth. Others, they just shake and shake even after their heart stops. Sometimes we don't even know they're dead." He said before turning it off making the two Hales fall limp, breathing heavily as Severo stood up.

"But nobody wants to play a guessing game. So, why don't you just tell us? Where is la loba?" Severo said and Derek shook his head slightly, "We don't know where la loba is." He said, breathing heavily. "No? Maybe you need a different method of persuasion? Maybe we cut one of you in half, the other talks?" Severo said and Peter raised his eyebrows slightly.

"I would love to be there for volunteer, but we really don't know what you're talking about. And honestly, isn't bisecting people with a broad sword a little medieval?" Peter asked making Severo chuckle and raise his eyebrows. "Broad sword? We're not savages." He says then looks off to the side and suddenly the sound of a chainsaw whirring starts making Derek slowly look over at his uncle with a dirty look.

"We all wonder how far your little healing trick goes. What do you think? Can you grow back an arm?" He says and his friend hold the chainsaw up to Derek's arm making Derek suck in a deep breath. "We're pretty sure you can't grow back your head." He said and chainsaw moved to Derek's neck.

"Boys..." Someone said making them look over as Araya walked through a beaded curtain. "No tienes ser tan duro..." The woman said. The man turned off the chainsaw and walked away as Araya walked over. "No hablo español..." Derek said and Araya raised her eyebrows, "Tu hablas muchos idiomas, Derek Hale." She said.

(Translation: "You dont have to be so tough..."
"You speak many languages, Derek Hale.")

"You know exactly what I'm saying... And you know what we want." Araya said before walking up to Derek, holding a small knife, "Where is the She-Wolf?" Araya said and Derek shook his head. "We don't know any She-Wolf." He said and she smiled and shook her head slightly, "I know you won't talk, lobito." Araya said before pointing the knife at Peter.

"This one will talk. This one loves the sound of his own voice." Araya said and Peter smiled, "You should hear me sing." He said. "We want to hear you scream." Severo said making Peter glance at him before looking at his nephew, "No one ever wants to hear me sing." He said.

"What could we do to persuade you, hmmm?" Araya said before putting the knife up to his face making him flinch slightly while flicking his claws out. "Where is the She-Wolf?" Araya said and Peter didnt say anything before she quickly cut his finger off making him yell out in pain and Derek's eyes widen.

"Think about it! I'm only going to ask you... Nine more times." Araya said before dropping the severed finger to the ground ground walking away.

🦊

"I don't want to make it sound like we don't appreciate your hospitality but do you think it would be possible to put that on ice? Maybe something for my hand? Extra-large Band-Aid? Perhaps some antibiotic ointment?" Peter asked looking over at his severed finger that sat in the floor and watching them only chuckled.

The sound of heavy footsteps came from above them making them look up before the footsteps were followed by the sound of gun shots. The hunter quickly stood up, pointing his gun at the ceiling as bullet shells rained down over them. There was a loud thud and more footsteps making the hunter go stand in front of the door, his gun raised.

There was a knock at the door making the hunter slowly step up before pulling it open to reveal Fallon leaning on the door frame with a smile. "Hola." Fallon said before grabbing the gun, kicking the hunter in the stomach. He stumbled back slightly, letting go of gun in the process. He quickly swung his arm ar her but she just grabbed his arm and gave him a look l.

"For a trained hunter, you are very weak." She said before letting him go but before he could do anything she slammed the butt end of the gun against his head. He fell to the ground as Braeden walked in and stood next to Fallon.

Fallon looked over at the two Hales and raised her eyebrows, "I thought I told you to be careful." She said making him chuckle softly. Braeden looked at the two Hale's with a smirk while Fallon looked for the keys on the table. "You're the one who saved Isaac." Derek said and Braeden raised her eyebrows, "I'm the one who was hired to save Isaac." Braeden clarified as Fallon walked over with the set of keys.

"Someone hired you to get us out of here?" Peter asked and Breaden looked him up and down. "Someone hired me to get Derek out of here. You, I'm totally fine leaving for dead." Braeden said making Fallon chuckle and Peter frown, "When did I get this reputation?"

"When you went on murder spree."

"Who hired you?" Derek asked as Fallon started to unlock his chains, "Deucalion." Braeden said as she went to unlock Peter's chains. "Deucalion? The guy who did that to you?" Peter asked and Braeden shrugged, "A girls gotta eat."

Once she had Peter unlocked he immediately went over and cradled his finger. "Alright let's get the hell out of here." Braeden said, walking away but Derek stopped her, "We're not leaving without it." He said and Fallon looked at him confused, "Without what?" She asked and Derek glanced at Peter.

A few minutes later they walked into a room and looked around before Derek called out, "There." He said and they all walked over to a wooden box on a table. Derek went to touch it but instantly pulled his hand away making him furrow his brows while Peter chuckled.

"It's made from a Rowan tree. It's mountain ash wood." Peter said and Braeden kicked her foot out, breaking the lock. Fallon stepped forward, opening the lid to reveal a pile of dark ash, that she and Peter both instantly recognised. "And that would be just mountain ash. Somebody really doesn't want our hands in there." Peter said and both him and Derek instantly turned to Fallon and Braeden.

Fallon sighed and glanced over at Braeden who just shrugged. Fallon carefully dug around the mountain ash until she felt something. She pulled out a wooden cylinder container with a triskelion on the top.

Her eyes widened slightly, feeling powerful energy emitted off the container. "Is this what I think its is?" She asked turning to look at Derek who nodded.