Ch. 48 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS

Fallon's outfit:

Chapter Forty-Eight💰 Smoke and Mirrors 💰

Chapter Forty-Eight
💰 Smoke and Mirrors 💰

"I still don't like relying on these things." Derek said looking down at all the guns that covered the table. "I get it- you miss your power. I would, too." Braeden said and Derek sighed and shook his head, "It's not about power, it's about being able to help. I don't like feeling helpless." Derek said and Fallon set down the gun she was helping load and grabbed his hand.

"I'm human... Do I look helpless?" Breaden said as she finished loading a gun and Derek chuckled, "You're a much better shot than me." Derek said, still deep in thought while Braeden walked away to go do something. Fallon sighed softly and squeeze his hand, "Do you really think you won't be coming back?" She asked stepping closer to him.

"Not alive." He said, wrapping his arms around her waist and she shook her head slightly, "You know I'm not okay with that." Fallon said and he smiled sadly at her and cupped the side of her face, pulling her into a kiss. Their lips moved in sync for a moment before they pulled away and leaned their foreheads together. "I am... If it saves Scott and Kira." He said, kissing her forehead before looking back down at the table, "But, to be honest, I don't even know if this is enough firepower to take down one Berserker."

"Not even close." Peter said making them look over at he walked down the spiral stairs. "Killing a Berserker is next to impossible. It's not just the firepower, it's breaking the animal spirit from the human." He said as Braeden walked back over to them.

"Well, the only person we know with that kind of experience is Argent, and he's not getting back to any of us." Derek said and Peter shrugged, "Well, then you're going to need help... Like Malia, maybe Liam, and definitely me." Peter said making Fallon cock an eyebrow.

"Since when you ever helpful?" She asked making Peter look at her, "I can be very helpful sometimes, Fallon." He said and she huffed slightly. "Yeah, only when you want something." She said before loading a gun.

💰

"How'd you get a prison transport van?" Stiles asked Braeden got out of the van after pulling up next to them, "I'm a U.S. Marshal." Braeden said making Fallon chuckle and Stiles pursed his lips, "Yeah, I thought that was just a cover." Stiles said as Derek, Fallon and Peter pulled up.

"Are we really bringing him?" Derek asked gesturing at Liam who came to stand next to Nadia who raised her eyebrows, "Are we really bringing him?" Nadia asked pointing at Peter. We're bringing everyone that we can. And, considering Scott and Kira were taken the night before a full moon, we should probably get going." Peter said making Malia look at him confused. "What's that mean?"

"If Kate took Scott back to the same temple that she took Derek, how do we know she's not planning to do the same thing to him?" Peter said and Liam looked confused, "What, she wants to make him younger?" He asked. "Or take him back to when he wasn't a Werewolf." Derek answered and Fallon nodded, "Anything that works in her favor." She said.