Ch. 22 - THE OVERLOOKED

Fallon's outfit:

Chapter Twenty-Two⊚ The Overlooked ⊚

Chapter Twenty-Two
The Overlooked

The steel door of the loft slides back with a clang and Jennifer rushes in. Voice tremulous with panic, she calls out to the darkened loft, "Fallon? Fallon, where are you?"

"Right here." Someone said making her spine round to see Fallon and Derek step out of the shadows as if they had been waiting in the darkness for her. "Thank God." She sighed in relief before running over to them, "Something happened at the recital, at the school, okay?" Jennifer said and Fallon furrowed her brows. "What happened, I left early." Fallon said and Jennifer nodded slightly, "I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear it for any of them." Jennifer said and Fallon raised her eyebrows.

"From who?"

"Scott and Stiles. They're gonna tell you things- things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me." Jennifer pleaded and Fallon nodded, "What is it?" She asked. "Promise you'll listen to me." Fallon said almost desperately, "I promise." Fallon said making Jennifer sigh in relief.

Jennifer hugged Fallon but when Fallon didn't hug her back, Jennifer slowly pulled back to see the mildly annoyed look on Fallon's face as Fallon glanced at Derek. They're already here, aren't they?" She said, stepping away from her as Scott and Stiles step out from behind the wall.

Jennifer backs away, obviously a bit nervous but tries to play it off, "So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?" She asked. "We told him you're the one killing people." Scott corrected making her scoff, "Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour- that way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. Makes perfect sense." Jennifer said.

"Where's my dad?" Stiles asked, eyes full of tears and Jennifer looked at him crazy, "How should I know? Fallon, tell me you don't believe this?" Jennifer asked looking back at Fallon and Derek. "Do you know what happened to Stiles' father?" Fallon asked and Jennifer scoffed, "No!" She said. Her innocent act was slowly crumbling more and more every second. "Why dont you ask her why she tried to kill Lydia." Scott said making Jennifer look at him.

"Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that!" Jennifer asked and Derek looked at her with a slight glare, "What do you know?" He asked making her look back at him and Fallon. "I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your heads with an absurd story- And one they can't prove, by the way."

"What if we can?" Scott asked stepping forward and Fallon tossed him a jar with ground and crushed remains of green and brown leaves. "What is that?" She asked and he looked down at it as he opened it. "My boss told me it's a poison and a cure. Which means you can use it. And it can be used against you." He said and Fallon stepped back.

With a flick of his arm, the powder flies out of the vial, pluming into a cloud of dust. Jennifer raises her hands, but in the cloud, her face changes to the Darach, slashed and shrieking in anger.