Ch. 49 - BROKEN GLASS

Fallon's outfit:

Chapter Forty-Nine⚔ Broken Glass ⚔

Chapter Forty-Nine
Broken Glass

"Capitao, I came here specifically to find out things I don't want to know. Tell me what everyone's so afraid of down here. You might be surprised at how open-minded I can be." Argent said from the passenger side of a car, looking over at the man next to him, Gilberto.

Gilberto sighs and braces himself for the story as he sets down the cash that Argent gave him on the center console. "It began with a mass murder."

Outside of an abandoned warehouse, an old, run-down car is in flames in the parking area outside. A man and a woman slowly walks toward the warehouse.

"We found twelve bodies. No identities. No suspects. No clues."

The man and woman walks up the stairs to the front landing, where a large number of male bodies are found laying on the cement, as though they were pinned down and executed. As two gets closer, they notice that the bodies have been burned to a variety of degrees, most of which involved charred black skin and clothing that had been burned to almost nothing. Small fires and smoldering piles of rubble surround them.

"We started an investigation, bringing in every available man to find the killers, but we weren't the only one's looking."

The couple continues to walk past the pile of bodies and as they passes, the women notices that one of the deceased's hands, which still have their claws extending.

"Someone else wanted to know who had done this. Someone who wanted to find the killers more than we did."

The man's hand reaches out and touches a splatter of blood on the corrugated metal wall of the inside of the warehouse. Clearly upset, the man's hand squeezes itself into a fist only for the women to slowly open his fist, intertwining their fingers.

"Someone angry... Very angry."

In a nearby room, three men stood middle of a business deal among just as many cars covered in tarps. Several other men with guns stand watch at the various doors in the rundown building. A man with long black hair and a graying beard, who seems to be the leader, is in the middle of loading his revolver as the other two men lift a series of short, wide wooden crate from the floor and set them on the table in front of them.

The leader looks over at one of the guards, armed with both an assault rifle and several handguns loaded in his thigh holsters, who is leaning against a nearby support column, before returning to what he was doing. The guard suddenly goes on high alert when he hears a slamming noise behind him, but just as he turns to investigate, the mysterious man grabs him from behind and throws him across the adjacent room. The sound of the man's grunts of pain startle the leader, who once again looks up from servicing his gun and slowly walked toward the door.