Ch. 44 - TIME OF DEATH

Fallon's outfit:

Chapter Forty-Four💰 Time Of Death 💰

Chapter Forty-Four
💰 Time Of Death 💰

Fallon glanced over after getting off the phone with Nadia, see Derek still sleeping. Quietly she walked over and sat down next to him before slowly lifting his shirt up to see that he still hasn't healed making her frown slightly. Suddenly he grabbed her hands making her jump slightly as he looked at her with raised eyebrows, "What are you doing?"

"Wondering why my boyfriend hasn't healed yet." She said and he shrugged, "Some wounds take longer." He said making her raise her eyebrows at him. "Derek, this is just a graze. It shouldn't be taking this long." She said and he just shrugged again before closing his eyes, "Maybe I'm just tired." He said, turning into his side making her roll her eyes.

"Show my your eyes." She said, "You just saw them." He said and she raised her eyebrows. "Your other eyes." She said and sighed and turned back around looking at her with his normal green eyes, "You can't can you?" She asked and he shook his head. "So then it's everything now? No glowing eyes, no healing?" She asked and he sighed and sat up, "No hearing, speed, everything."

"Strength?" She asked and he scoffed, "I can still win fight." He said defensively making her laugh and raised her eyebrows. "Have you ever won a fight without someone helping you?" She asked making him playfully glare at her, "I can still fight." He said and she hummed slightly and nodded.

She stood up and walked over to a table putting her elbow on the table making him chuck and get up, walking over to her. "Really?" He asked smiling at her, "Surely you can beat me right?" She asked and he raised his eyebrows. "Even with my powers I'm pretty sure you're stronger than me." He said and she smiled at him, "Humor me." She said making him shake his head with a smile before wrapping his hand around hers.

"Ready?" She asked and he hummed and nodded, "One, Two..." She started but before she finished counting she reached her other arm out and lightly burning his biceps with her finger making him wince and she quickly smacked his hand down to the table.

"You cheated. That was cheating." He said pointing at her as she just smiled while holding a finger up, "No, I won. When you're a human facing off against the supernatural, or at least anyone with decent training, you need to bend the rules a little bit." She said and he raised his eyebrows at her, "You're not human." He said and she shrugged as she stepped up to him.

"But the assassins are. Now, I'm going to patch up that graze and then I'm gonna go get some things from Braeden. While I'm gone, you rest up because when I get home, I'm going to train you." She said before kissing him then walking off.

💰

"This is a Sig Sauer P226 9mm." Fallon said placing a gun that Braeden gave her on the table. "I don't like guns." Derek sighed making Fallon chuckle, "Maybe because you never shot one." She said and he gave her a look.

"Or, because I've been shot. Reapeatedly. Do you even know how to use one?" He asked and Fallon nodded, "I've for over a hundred years, I know how to do a lot of things." She said making him raise his eyebrows as she picked up the gun again.

"The legal clip size in California is ten." She said as she took the clip out, "You always want to remember how many shots you fire. Running out of bullets can get you killed and shows that you're new at this." She said and put the clip back in and handed it to Derek. "But, using a gun isn't just about learning how to point and shoot." She said and he raised his eyebrows.

"Why's that?" He asked looking at her with a fond smile, "Because an average person can move twenty-one feet in one-point-five seconds. If they have a knife, they can gut you before you can pull and fire. So, with a gun, you need distance." Fallon said before she stepped back a few feet away from him with a smirk.

"Go for it. Pull the gun on me." She said and he raised his eyebrows at her, "I'm not pointing a gun at my girlfriend." He said and she chuckled. "I said pull it on me. Not shot me. Even if you shot me, I would barely feel it." She said and he chuckled and shook his head slightly before pointing the gun at her.

But before he could hold it up, she easily took the gun from him makin him nod awkwardly, pointing at her. "So... yeah..." He said awkwardly making her laugh and playfully squint at him, "Did you even try?" She teased and he just rolled his eyes. "Wanna try again?" She asked holding the gun out to and he nodded while grabbing it, "Mmhmm."

He cleared his throat and pointed it gun at her again only for her to grab his arm and take it again. "One more time." He said and she smirked and raised her eyebrows, "Mi alma, I could do this all night long." She said taking a step towards him. He hummed and nodded, staring at her before surging forward, grabbing her face and connecting their lips.

(Mi alma = My soul)

Their lips moved for a moment until she felt a gun press against her side making her pull away and laugh. "You cheated." She laughed and he smiled down her, "Im learning to bend." He said and she raised her eyebrows and hummed slightly. "Try that on any battle field and we're gonna have problems." She said before grabbing the gun and setting it on the table.

She turned back around and grabbed him by the shirt pulling him into her as he connected their lips again. She wrapped her arms around his shoulder while he lifted her up onto the table. After a few minuets she lightly pulled away, running her thumb across his jawline. "As fun as this is, you can't get out of training that easily." She said in a slight whisper making him raise his eyebrows, "Are you sure?" He asked.

She bit her lip slightly, staring into his eyes before smiling, "Not really." She whispered before pulling him back into a kiss.