Finding Out (Group 2)

Jean: (You both are 28)

Your fiance carefully tiptoed into your shared bedroom to grab a few stray papers he had left in there. When he noticed that your eyes were still open, he walked closer to you and leaned down to press his lips to your forehead. He chuckled when you threw your arm around him and tried to pull him to lay beside you.

"I've still got some things to do, babe. I'll try to join you later on, okay?" Jean gave you a kiss on the lips before asking, "Are you feeling any better?"

"Still tired..." you answered as his brow creased in concentration. "I don't think I'm sick."

"I would say that you are. It's been a week of you barely having the energy to move around. I'm getting kind of worried about you, (Y/n). I'll just call the doctor and see when I can schedule an appointment since you don't seem to be getting any better."

---

You breathed in the sterile air as you laid on your back in the examination room. As soon as the doctor had left, you had thrown yourself back, exhausted from having to hold yourself up. What you had told Jean was true, you had not felt sick and everything was perfectly fine, apart from your lack of energy. To be honest, you couldn't really tell what was bothering you so badly. When the doctor knocked on the door before entering quickly, you propped yourself up on an elbow as he sent you a smile.

"Well, Miss (Y/l/n), it seems that you're about seventeen weeks pregnant..." the doctor huffed out before continuing on with the diagnosis.

As soon as the news had been uttered, your heart stalled for a split second before you looked down at your stomach, which had been a bit bloated recently. There was no way that your baby was growing inside of you...

You were thankful when the doctor handed you the paper with the entirety of the conversation printed out since you could barely hear him over the pattering of your heart. You and Jean had enough money and a big enough house, sure, but you weren't sure if you were particularly ready to be a mother just yet.

Hange: (You both are 30)

You tapped lightly against the door, opening it when you heard a soft hum of recognition from your spouse. Hange was sitting up in bed, propped up by multiple pillows and writing something down in a journal. Their bored eyes looked over at you before nodding and returning back to the work at hand. From your dinner earlier, you held a plate of pork and onion panini and a glass of ice water.

"Does it look any good, love?" you asked as Hange peered over their glasses skeptically. "Can you hold this down?"

"I hope so..." they murmured in answer before setting down their work and clasping your hands in theirs. "Look, I really appreciate you taking care of little old me while I'm down."

"It's that big of a deal. You've done the same for me loads of times-" you responded, palming the back of your neck and laughing. "I was about to think you were some invincible person who couldn't get sick~"

Hange's sudden sickness had spanned out for four weeks now, the only warning signs being their weight increasing and bloating. The two of you had been down in the laboratory that was beneath your house when a glass shattering had startled you from the book you were reading. Hange's ungloved hand had come to cover their mouth as their eyes widened. The next thing you knew, you were patting their back as they retched into the nearest sink. It had only been a gradual decline from there. Your lover had begun to complain of headaches and back pain and the next thing you knew, Hange had been retired to your shared bed. It caused you such distress when you felt them shifting in the bed in the early morning and you had to help them to the washroom, trying your best to relieve them of any kind of discomfort.

"Hange, I'm thinking that you should go to the doctor," you offered as their brow raised.

"I've already run tests for any kind of illness and they've all come back negative. It's probably just something that will run its course-"

"Baby, I'm begging you..."

Hange heavily sighed before reaching over to caress your cheek and nodded in agreement. You leaned forward and kissed their cheek before grabbing your phone to schedule an appointment.

---

Hange's eyes widened when the doctor had told them that they were pregnant, moving to clutch their head. Of course, they had still been trying for a child, but it had been six years since the two of you had agreed upon doing so. Hange had just decided that the two of you weren't going to have any kids biologically and was actually planning on bringing up the topic of adoption earlier.

Lost in their thoughts, Hange rubbed their stomach protectively. They might not be the best parent, but they were going to try their hardest. Now, how can they tell you?

Erwin: (You both are 31)

"I still do not know if it's exactly normal to crave dirt...?" your husband spoke, brows raising in question. "Would you like an ice cream instead?"

"Sure, sounds nice..." you murmured as you slid your hoodie over your face to hide your blushing face. "Way to make a gal feel welcome, Erwin-"

"What did you expect when you told me that the dirt looked good enough to consume?" he countered before getting up from the bench that the two of you were sitting on. "Would you care for any pretzels as well?"

"No, they don't smell right-"

"There is nothing particularly different in their aroma." When he saw the predatory glint in your eyes, he threw his hands up in the air and walked towards the vendors. "Alright, only ice cream..."

As you waited for him to come back, you tried your best to wrangle your sudden temper. It was rare that Erwin found enough time to take you out on a date, and you should be having a fun time. You fixed a sickly sweet smile on your face as he handed over a cup of (favorite flavor) ice cream.

"I'm sorry about losing my temper earlier-" you tried before Erwin fixed his steely gaze on you, causing your words to die in your throat.

"No need," was all he said before intertwining his fingers with yours. "The ice cream is melting, (Y/n)."

"R-right-" you responded, ducking your head down and focusing on eating it up. It was only halfway through your day together that your phone alerted you that you were missing your period. "Hey, Erwin?"

"Yes?"

"Can we stop by the drug store and pick up some pregnancy tests?" you nonchalantly asked, trying to keep your panic hidden from your husband.

"Of course. It won't be of any trouble," he gently assured you before moving to kiss the back of your hand.

---

A sense of unreality hit you as you looked at the three pregnancy tests that you had used, all of them positive. You inspected your stomach in the mirror and frowned at the lack of a baby bump. Letting out a sigh, you grabbed another test out of the slowly dwindling pile.

Reiner: (You both are 27)

"I'm getting fat..." you murmured as you inspected yourself in the mirror. You had pulled your nightgown taut around your body and frowned at the slight bump of your stomach. Reiner, who had been reading a book, tossed it aside and walked over to wrap his arms around you.

"Don't talk like that. You're beautiful no matter what," he murmured against your neck, eyes moving to meet yours in the mirror. "You look just as ravishing as you did on our wedding day."

"I appreciate it, but I legitimately look like a woman who is early on in her pregnancy," you countered as Reiner's eyes moved down to your stomach. You watched as his eyes slightly widened before he rushed to the bathroom and pushed a spare test into your hands. "Wow, Reiner. Way to be on my side..."

"Your words about looking pregnant are true, nothing else..." he mumbled before patting his large hand against your stomach, eyes softening. "Be sure to let me know the results."

"You're going to smother me until I do~" you lightly teased before shutting the door behind yourself. It only took a few minutes of waiting before you caught a look at the positive test and giggled softly. "No wonder I looked pregnant, huh..."