Telling Their Family (Group 2)

Jean:

"Are you okay?" you asked, sitting down on the porch swing. Jean was currently pacing back and forth, trying to convince himself to ring the doorbell. Although you couldn't understand what made him so anxious, you were trying your very best to support your fiancé.

You knew that he wasn't worried about his parents being rude to him or you. His family consisted of his mother and stepfather. His mother practically idolized her son, and Jean's stepfather had a great influence on him. The man had gotten married to Jean's mother when Jean was seventeen, and despite others' opinions, there was nothing but respect between the two of them.

"Yeah. I'm just trying to get myself ready for my mom's reaction," Jean answered, leaning over the porch railing.

"You've had a few weeks to prepare yourself, Jean boy. Plus, I'm sure that she's going to be happy," you responded, letting out a giggle when Jean shot a glare at you.

"Happy is an understatement," Jean replied, palming the back of his neck. "She's going to be buzzing with excitement..."

"She's so sweet. It's so adorable how much she adores you," you responded as you got up from the porch swing, almost immediately being assisted by Jean.

As soon as you were thirteen weeks pregnant, you and Jean decided to drive by his parent's house. As he got closer and closer to his childhood home, he grew antsy. Now, you two had been waiting outside for ten minutes.

"Are you sure that you want to tell them today? We can hold it off-" you started, your hand moving to ruffle through Jean's ash-brown hair.

"No, I'm good. Be prepared for my mom's energy..." Jean answered, sharply shaking his head. Gathering his nerves, he knocked against the door and drew you closer to his side.

The door opened to reveal the ruddy-cheeked Cynthia Kirstein in all of her glory. Upon seeing her son and his fiancée, her face lit up with an enormous smile.

"I wasn't expecting you two today. Come inside!" Cynthia exclaimed, ushering you two into the sunny living room. "Honey, look who visited us!"

Jean's stepfather, Winston, glanced up from his book and settled his brown eyes on you and Jean. A smile set on his face, the man tossed his book aside and sat up straighter in his seat.

"Ah, why did you two decide to drive over here?" Winston questioned, glancing over at his excited wife. "They live a few hours away. Am I right, Cynthia?"

"Yes, but I'm sure that Jean just wanted to visit us once in a while~" she responded as she set her green eyes on you. "(Y/n) darling, you are positively glowing. What have you been doing to your skin?"

A flustered giggle left you as you answered, "Well, there may be an explanation for that..."

"Mom, try not to overwhelm her!" Jean worriedly exclaimed, letting out a sigh when she waved her hand at his concern.

"Oh Jeanie, there's no need to be so worried," she replied as she grabbed ahold of your hands. "You don't mind my energy. Do you?"

"Not at all. Jean is just being overprotective," you answered as you glanced over at your fiancé. "Getting excited isn't going to harm me, you know?"

"Harm you?" Winston's eyes narrowed in thought as he glanced over at his stepson. Though he had only been introduced to Jean when he was fourteen, he was able to read him like the back of his hand. "Are you hiding something from us?"

"What do you mean, dear?" Cynthia asked, looking up at her husband and tilting her head in curiosity.

"I guess the cat's out of the bag. Jean, do you want to tell them?" you asked, flashing a good-natured smile at your fiance.