Telling Their Family (Group 3)

Warning: Annie's and Krista's scenarios can be a bit hard to read since both of their families are so unhealthy.

Bertholdt:

"You ready?" you asked, looking over at your boyfriend. "You've been quiet for a long while."

"I've just been thinking over some things," Bertholdt softly answered, his long arm extending to point at a light blue house on the side of the street. "See that one? That's mine."

"I know that! I've been over here a few times," you replied, lightly giggling as Bertholdt's cheeks turned red in embarrassment. "The reminder was greatly appreciated, though."

The two of you had decided to walk a few miles to Bertholdt's parent's house. Though you were slowly dying inside, you reminded yourself that your gynecologist had suggested that you get some exercise during your pregnancy.

Bertholdt quickly climbed the steps, reaching out to knock on the door. His mother, Ruby, quickly opened the door and glanced up at her son.

"Good to see you, Ma," Bertholdt greeted, wrapping an arm around the dark-haired lady.

"Ah, it's you two!" she warmly replied, eyes looking over at you. "Come on, you two. The dinner is about the begin, and your step-siblings have already arrived. Everyone was so antsy waiting for you."

You and Bertholdt entered the cozy living room, which housed most of Bertholdt's step-siblings and their partners. The other two were helping their father with setting up the kitchen table. The typical greetings and teasings took place before the entire family assembled at the table. Orlan, glad to see his stepson again, ruffled Bertholdt's hair.

Orlan Ahles and his four children had legally joined the family when Bertholdt was eight years old. Jeff, Gabe, Zach, and Serenity had almost immediately hit it off with their new step-brother, and this connection had remained unbreakable over the years. Even before he had met him, Orlan had always considered Bertholdt as his fourth son.

"It's so good to have everyone over," Orlan said, setting down heaping plates in front of everyone. "Hopefully, we'll be hosting Serenity's future boyfriend."

"Pop, we're only talking..." the girl replied, letting out a soft laugh. "In fact, I don't even think that you like him."

"That is most definitely not what you told me," Zach said, earning a sharp glance from his younger sister.

"Aw, come on. Everyone else is already married. Hell, Jeff and Robbie are already thinking of adopting!"

"Uh, I think that you're forgetting that Bertholdt and I aren't-" you started, your eyes widening as everyone's smiles grew. You turned in the direction of their eyes, noticing that Bertholdt was holding out a sparking ring. "Ah, so that's why you were so insistent on coming over to the family dinner!"

"(Y/n), I had an entire speech planned out, and you just made me completely forget all of it," Bertholdt replied, letting out a soft chuckle as you leaned over to wrap your arms around his neck. "I really want to get married to you, (Y/n). You and our child have made me so happy, and I've wanted to seal the deal for a while."

"Wait a minute. A child?" Ruby asked, hand flying over her mouth and eyes widening in shock. "Bertholdt honey, I thought that this was supposed to be a proposal..."

"It is, but it's also a pregnancy announcement."

"Bertholdt, you sly bastard!" Jeff exclaimed, reaching over to slap his younger brother on the back.

As Bertholdt slid the engagement ring on your finger, you began to sob and cling to him tighter. Ruby, eyes clouded with tears, stood up from her chair and rushed forward to wrap her arms around you two.