Telling Them (Group 5)

Petra: 

Petra quietly read through the text messages that Hange had left behind, her hand moving to clutch over her mouth after a while. Tears swam in her eyes as she set down your phone, leaped out of her chair, and rushed towards you. Her arms snaked around your shoulders as she moved to tuck her head into your neck, letting out happy sobs. 

"I can't believe that we're going to be having a little one soon. I'm so happy!" Petra sobbed, tightening her arms around you. "We're going to have to contact Hange about your weight loss, though." 

"I'm sure that I'll gain some weight after some time. We don't need to worry Hange at the moment," you reassured, watching as Petra pulled back to study your expression. 

"I'm not too sure. It's always best to catch any complications earlier. That way, we can be prepared." 

"Let's wait to tell them at the next appointment. It's only going to be a week or so. Nothing major will happen." 

"I don't agree with that statement, but I don't want to push your further," Petra responded as she looked down at your stomach. "You're not even showing yet. I can't believe that we're having a kid..." 

"It's a dream come true," you murmured, one of your hands reaching out to ruffle Petra's ginger hair. "We still have to eat, dear. The baby and I are hungry." 

"That is one thing we all have in common~" Petra replied as she pulled back and walked back to her seat. She took a bite of her breakfast as she wiped her stray tears from her eyes. "You should probably send a text back to Hange. Make sure to thank them!" 

"I will once I'm done eating," you said as Petra slid your phone to your area. "Thank you, love..." 

"I should be the one thanking you," Petra responded as she threw you a soft smile. "I cannot wait to tell my father. He's going to be so happy for us!" 

Hitch: 

You leaned anxiously against the walls, your eyes glued on the bathroom door. Fifteen minutes had passed since Hitch had disappeared into the bathroom. She was still letting out soft sobs and hiccups, which only suceeded in distressing you even further. 

"Babe, are you okay?" you called out, listening for any new sounds. 

"Yeah, I'm doin' good. Just give me a minute, please!" Hitch called out, her voice strained. You could hear her moving around and grabbing something out of the closet again. 

"Is your stomach hurting you that bad?" you hesitantly asked, tapping against the door again. 

"(Y/n), I need a minute. I'll tell you when I'm sure of it, okay?" Hitch responded, annoyance evident in her voice. 

"Alright, I'll give you some time..." you replied as you folded your arms across your chest. 

A few minutes passed before Hitch finally opened the door. Immediately noticing her red-ringed eyes, you moved forward to wrap your arms around her. Your girlfriend hugged you back as she let out a soft sob. 

"What the hell were you doing in there?" you asked as you pulled back to worriedly study her expression. 

"I had to take multiple tests to make sure, and they all came out positive." 

"Tests...?" 

"Pregnancy tests, idiot. Come and see!" Hitch wiped her eyes before leading you into the bathroom, pointing to the five different tests that were lined up on the counter. "I couldn't believe it..." 

"Are those happy tears or-" 

"Of course they're happy tears. We've been trying for years. Why would I regret anything now?" Hitch interrupted you as she moved to wrap one of her arms around your waist, pulling you closer to her. "I love you guys, got it?" 

"I know, Hitch. You remind me every day..." you murmur as you move to kiss the side of her head. "I'm really lucky to have you." 

"Really? It seems like you're the one that has to get me out of trouble." 

"If it makes you feel any better, you're the only one that I do bail out of jail." 

"Aww, that is the most romantic thing anyone has ever said to me." 

Niccolo: 

Niccolo, his face stained a bright red, waited patiently on the couch. All of the sign ticked off for pregnancy: the sensitivity to smell, the vomiting, and the slight weight gain. He was roused from his reverie by you opening the bathroom door. You slowly walked into the living room, holding the test behind your back. 

"Erm, you and I still have enough money for a kid, right?" you asked, watching as Niccolo's eyebrows shot up. 

"Yeah, we do. My restaurant is doing well, and your job is giving you enough money," Niccolo answered as he moved to rub the back of his neck. "So, you're pregnant?" 

You held out the positive pregnancy test for him to see, watching as his mouth pulled into a smile. 

"That's good, right?" he hesitantly asked, looking up at your tense face. 

"Yeah, it is. The shock still hasn't faded away yet. I'm happy... It's just-" you abruptly stopped as your mouth turned down in thought. 

"If you don't want to keep the pregnancy or if you want to give the child up for adoption, I get it. After all, I'm not the one giving birth." 

"I want to keep the baby. Thank you for your consideration, though." 

"Come here..." Niccolo held out his arms and waited for you to move into his arms. He moved to kiss your forehead and rested his chin on the top of your head. "I really love you and the baby. Thank you for everything, (Y/n)."

"Thanks..." you murmured as you allowed yourself to be comforted by him. "You know what would really cheer me up?" 

"What?" 

"Some of your food." 

"Alright, but you're not allowed to stand near me while I'm cooking. We don't need you to start throwing up again." 

Yelena: 

Your stomach twisted in worry as you started down at the pregnancy test. Your wife had not had the best possible reaction to the idea of you being pregnant. You tried to stall the confession, but you knew that you couldn't keep Yelena waiting for too long. Finally, you steeled yourself and walked into the living room. Yelena looked up from her book and waited for you to say something. Instead of saying something, your quivering hand held out the positive pregnancy test. Once Yelena saw the positive sign, she gave a simple nod before pulling out her phone and moving out of the room. 

"Yelena?" you anxiously called out, watching as she held up a finger and turned her back to quickly talk to the other person on the line. 

A few minutes passed before Yelena finally hung up and turned back around, putting her phone back into her pocket. 

"A-are you good with the pregnancy?" you quietly asked, watching as your wife glanced over at you. 

"Yes. Why would I not be? We've practically sunk in a good fourth of our money into this. I wouldn't go back on my words now," Yelena answered as she moved forward to kiss your forehead. "I got an appointment with Hange. We can make sure that our baby is developing well." 

"You didn't seem too happy with the idea at first." 

"I was...?" Yelena answered, her eyebrows creasing in confusion. "Love, I'm not going to be angry at you for being pregnant with our child. This is probably about the most important part of my life, second to marrying you." 

Your lips curled up into a peaceful smile at this statement and you allowed Yelena to pull you down to sit beside her on the couch. Her arm went to lay across your shoulders as she pulled out the book that she was previously reading. Her fingers moved to intertwine in the strands of your hair as she flipped another page.