Finding Out (Group 5)

Petra: (You both are 34)

"Goodness, you're chipper this morning~" Petra greeted as you rushed into the kitchen, your arms wrapping around her waist. You laid a kiss to her neck before looking down at the eggs she was making.

"That looks good. I'm famished!" you exclaimed as Petra giggled and tossed one of the eggs into the plates.

"I hope it tastes as good as it looks."

"I mean, you're the one who's cooking it so it will obviously be delectable!" you complimented as Petra piled two more eggs onto your plate before depositing one on hers. "Thank you for keeping up with my appetite."

"It doesn't really matter, though I do wonder how you can eat so much and yet lose weight. To make it even more baffling, this showed up out of the blue." Your wife shrugged before taking both plates in her hands. You walked off to pour the two of you glasses of orange juice. As the two of you were eating, your phone was buzzing off the hook.
Petra raised an eyebrow and asked, "Do you want to answer that...?"

"S-sure-" you stuttered before opening up your phone, discovering more than one hundred messages from Hange. Panic gripped at you for a second before you realized that they kept going on about how happy they were for you and Petra. Your eyes widened when it stated that your attempts at getting pregnant had worked. Glancing down at your stomach, your eyes widened in shock.

"Holy crap-"

"What is it?" Petra asked, curiously tilting her head as she stared at you. You took a deep, steadying breath before passing the phone over to her.

Hitch: (You both are 22)

"Urgh, my stomach hurts!" Hitch complained as you sighed, moving over to massage her stomach. She groaned in thanks as you tried your best to continue on, despite your hands growing sore after a good few minutes. "What did I even eat?!"

"I don't know, but from the way you're going on about it, I don't want it," you responded, mouth quirking as Hitch giggled.

"It feels like the food has gained sentience from the way it's moving around. Ah, we might be pregnant at last. A food baby. Isn't that wonderful?" your girlfriend giggled, moving to intertwine your fingers. "I mean, it's about time. We've been trying for three years..." Her grin faltered before her mouth fell open in a gasp.

"What?!" you exclaimed when she tossed herself out of bed and hurried towards the bathroom, locking herself in it. "Hitch, are you okay?!"

"I forgot to check from my recent appointment with Hange-" Hitch got out before you heard her rooting through the cabinets, cursing under her breath. Finally, there was silence apart from the pacing steps of your girlfriend. The air was permeated by a soft gasp and you leaned anxiously forward when you heard soft sobs crying from the door.

Niccolo: (You both are 19)

"Did I put something wrong in my cooking?" your husband worried as he held your hair back for you. "Oh, great..."

"No, i-it was the smell of it-" you managed before dissolving into coughs.

"You can't smell much. Was it really that bad?!" he exclaimed, eyes widening in horror before his lips turned down. "No. My meal smelled fine to me..." He cocked his head to the side before asking, "What's with the sudden change of opinion?"

"I dunno," you got out before letting out a tired breath and sitting down, feeling your husband let go of your hair. "Hey, Niccolo?"

"Yeah?"

"It's only been a few days since we last had relations, right?" you asked as your husband's cheeks turned a bright red.

"Y-yes."

"Can you grab me a pregnancy test? I think I missed my period..." you murmured as Niccolo's eyes widened in realization. Stumbling to the cabinet, he finally got to them and handed one over to you, leaving the room swiftly after. You waited in tense silence, biting your nail and trying to steady your breathing. A positive sign showed up, causing your breath to falter. "Holy crap..."

Yelena: (You both are 35)

"What are you crying about?" your wife asked as soon as she walked in from a walk, pulling off her jacket and letting it hang over the couch. She moved to envelop you in her arms, eyebrows arching.

"The f-flower that you gave earlier this week wilted..." you murmured as Yelena's eyes widened in bafflement.

"Okay? I can buy you some more tomorrow if you want." When she noticed that your eyes were starting to tear up again, she continued, "Better yet, I could plant a bush outside the window that you like to sit at. Wouldn't that be lovely?"

"You don't have to do all that for me," you sniffled as Yelena sighed and wiped at your eyes.

"Is that all that has been troubling you? You're utterly caught up in emotion. It's about time that you're on your menstrual cycle. Is that what is making you so upset?"
"No, I haven't had it yet..." you answered, feeling Yelena's arms stiffen around you. "Yelena...?"

"Love, have you taken a--um--pregnancy test yet?" your wife questioned as your brows raised. "I'll take that as a no. God, I didn't think you would conceive after a month..." She sighed and pecked you on the forehead. "Go check, (Y/n)."

As you waited for the test to process, you looked down at your stomach in the mirror. It was true that it was getting slightly bigger, but that couldn't mean... The test made a small chirping sound and you looked down to find that it was true: you were pregnant.