Telling Their Family (Group 4)

Connie:

The two of you had settled yourselves into the small kitchen of his parent's house. Before you had even left, Connie had announced his plans of only telling his mother, stepfather, and younger siblings. There was no mention of telling his biological father, which you were slightly thankful for.

Connie let out a sharp laugh as you harshly hit his hand away from the bottle of alcohol that sat on the table.

"Can I not have a drink? From what I remember, I'm not the one that's pregnant."

"Yes, but you shouldn't try to tempt me."

"Why can't I?"

"Because you're the reason that I'm in this situation in the first place. If I am going to suffer through these months, you are as well."

"You're cruel..."

"Weren't you the one that told me you were going to leave me because you were pregnant? You nearly made me cry."

"The joke was worth it, though."

"Yes, and you are going to have nine alcohol-free months because of that."

With that, you pushed the alcohol bottle out of your boyfriend's reach. His mother, having walked in on the scene, let out a sharp laugh as she sat down a bowl in front of her son and you.

"I really hope that Connie did not get himself into trouble," Laurel said as she settled herself on the chair in front of the two of you. "Now, what is it that you two wanted to talk to me about?"

A short silence followed as you expectantly looked at Connie, who was munching away at the snack that his mother had made. Only after a few seconds did your boyfriend realize that you and her were blatantly staring at him.

"Uh, why is everyone staring at me?" Connie asked, throwing you a questioning look as you rolled your eyes in exasperation.

"You are the main reason that we are in this situation, so you can bite the bullet and tell her," you replied, gesturing towards his mother.

"What exactly do you two need to tell me? Is this why you didn't want Connie's stepdad to be here?" Laurel tilted her head in utter confusion as Connie shook his head in response.

"No. I just really wanted to tell you first, Ma. I mean, you definitely would have been the more excited one."

"If we're being honest with ourselves, Sunny is the one that is easily excitable."

"Yeah, but I'm sure that you would appreciate us telling you first."

"Considering that (Y/n) seems to be irritated with you, I'm not sure if I really want to know."

"I'm always irritated with Connie about something. It's not necessarily about this," you replied as Connie glanced over at you in fake shock.

"Wow, thanks..." Connie muttered as you grabbed a hold of his hand, squeezing it tightly. "I'm just gonna tell her, alright?"

"That has been what I am trying to lead you toward."

"Fine, I just wanted to make sure that you were okay with it... Ma, (Y/n) and I are going to be having a kid."

"You two are not joking, are you?" As soon as Laurel had seen you shake your head, she moved forward to wrap you into a tight hug. "We can only hope that the baby does not end up acting like Connie..."

"Wow... Thanks for throwing me under the bus, Ma..."

"Your stepfather and I both know how much of a menace you were when you were little. I can only hope that you two don't have to go through the same thing."