Finding Out (Group 3)

Bertholdt: (You both are 21)

"What did you do to your back?" your boyfriend questioned as he massaged it for you, eyes locked on the TV screen. You had just recently got him interested in an anime, and he had become an avid viewer of the episodes. Throughout the entire afternoon, you had been complaining of a sore back and Bertholdt had to help you more than once. You let out a sigh of relief as he worked out another painful spot.

"I have no idea!" you answered, wincing slightly when Bertholdt's fingers stopped their motions as he focused on a fight scene. "Sweetie, could you please keep doing it?"

"S-sorry-" He offered you a kiss on the neck as his hands resumed their work.

Since you had already watched this series to the point where you knew the lines by heart, you pondered about your strange symptoms lately: back pain and constipation. Not to mention, your stomach has become a bit round. You quickly rose from Bertholdt's lap and hurried to the washroom to grab a test to ease your worries. Your boyfriend remained silent, and you were grateful for that as you waited for the results with bated breath. As the test beeped, you flipped it over and viewed the positive sign before slowly moving to sit on the toilet lid. How were you going to tell him?

Marco: (You both are 23)

You had been laughing with your husband, Marco, as you had dined on rare steak and salad, still enjoying your honeymoon together, when you quickly rushed to the bathroom to cough up your food. Marco, looking a bit green in the face, tried his best to help you from the doorway. He brought his shirt over his nose while he rushed to your suitcase, pulling out your mouthwash and a container of pills that help to ease nausea. You thanked him profusely before he rushed back to the hotel bedroom, closing the door behind him.

Pushing your hair back from your face, the memory of speculating over you missing your menstrual cycle fluttered back into your mind. You poked your head out and shyly asked Marco for the box of pregnancy tests that you had packed. Ever since the two of you had started five months ago, you had managed to keep some around you at all times. Marco's hand poked in through the gap and deposited the box in your shaking fingers, clutching at them for a second. You tried to steady your hands as you opened up the new box, focusing on the thought of having a child with the freckled man that adored you. Your lips turned up at the sight of a plus sign as soon as the test gave a beep.

Annie: (You both are 20)

"Hey, Annie, how are you feeling?" you asked, moving into the room in search of a paper and pen. Annie looked up from her book and pointed towards the objects that you were looking for.

"Fine, I guess..." she answered before returning back to reading, looking back up when you were smoothing her bangs out of her face. "What are you doing?"

"Just being affectionate. It can help with recovery..." you answered before leaning forward to kiss her on the lips. She returned it before pulling out and cocking an eyebrow at you. "Admit it. You love me~"

"Unfortunately for me..." the blond responded before moving forward to kiss you again. Before you knew it, her phone rang, causing your kiss to end early. She looked down at it and cast a sour look in the distance. "It's Hange-" She held out the phone between the two so you could both hear what they had to say before answering it.

"Hellooo~" trilled Hange's voice, causing Annie to cringe and lower her volume.

"Yeah?" Annie answered, sighing heavily before adding on, "You caught (Y/n) and I in the middle of something."

"I get it. You both are young~" Hange responded as Annie groaned and said that they had gotten the wrong conclusion. "No need to be so shy, Annie. You and (Y/n) have been married for a year and a half now, so it's only natural! My, how time flies. Speaking of relationships, I finally got the results back from the recent test~"

"Yes?" you answered, leaning closer to the phone as Annie's brows lifted slightly to convey her interest. The two of you had been trying for only seven months and didn't expect very much, but the excitement never failed.

"It turned out that it was successful! I haven't been able to nail the baby's sex yet, but I do know that Annie is nine weeks along as of right now. I'll let you two alone now~" With that, the call ended as Annie's mouth dropped open.

Krista: (You both are 21)

Sitting up in the bed that you and your girlfriend shared, you pushed your hair out of your eyes and tried to figure out why you woke up so early. Noticing that Krista was not sleeping beside you, you set off to find her. You tapped against the closed bathroom door before opening it to find Krista curled up around the toilet, holding her light blond locks back from her face.

"I'm just feeling a bit sick to my stomach at the moment," she explained, offering you a wavery smile and leaning back over. "If you could be kind enough, could you get a pregnancy test, sweetie?"

"Kris, we've only just started to try for a child," you tried, relenting and digging through the cabinet. You tossed it over to her and walked into the kitchen to prepare a weak tea for her.

As you were doing that, Krista patiently answered for the test to process. She flipped it over and excitedly smiled at the sight of two lines. Hearing your footsteps nearing the bathroom, she quickly hid it behind her back and tried to figure out how she was going to tell you.