Part Thirteen

Little Writer's Note - Hello Part Thirteen, thing's are changing again for this lovely pair. No disclaimers for this one. Just a little more wholesome content before things heat up and mystery's unfold.                                                                                                                                                    Please enjoy!!

        Miyako lay there cocooned underneath the thick layer of blankets as she wait for Kakashi to hopefully come back. She knew he would come back, but was worried what he might discover while he was out there making sure no one else had been with her attacker. She felt as if she just wanted to stay under these blankets for the rest of her life. Maybe Kurai and his thugs wouldn't find her under here. Hopeful, yet unrealistic thinking, she thought as she tried to curl up into a ball of herself even further. She was surprised at how well she was currently handling what had just happened to her. Maybe I really am getting a lot stronger. That also could have been a lot worse too though. I'm lucky I acted when I did.

         Then she heard the door knob begin to turn and the heavy weight of the door slowly swing open. Very quiet foot steps followed, and the sound of the door softly being closed behind them. She felt the weight of someone sit on the bed side next to her. She closed her eyes tightly as the covers were slowly peeled from off of her and she could hide no longer. "It's alright." Kakashi's comforting voice flowed through her ears, followed by his hand lightly on her head. He sat there and stroked her hair gently. She opened her eyes to meet his gaze. "There was no one else out there?" She asked, Kakashi shook his head no in return. A wave of relief rushed through her as she let out a big sigh.

        "I went out quiet a few miles around the whole perimeter and there was no one else out there. He must have just sent one attacker. Which is bizarre, not sure if he was just trying to send a message, or he underestimates us. Regardless, you're safe now." Kakashi finished and Miyako took his hand in hers and pulled it from her head tucking it into her chest by her heart, lowering her head back down, avoiding his gaze. "I'll never be safe." She said quietly and felt tears forming in her eyes. Kakashi squeezed her hand tightly and she looked up at him again.

         "For as long as I'm by your side, I will always keep you safe. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you in that instant, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to stop what happened to you, but from now on I will never leave your side, and nothing like that will ever happen to you again with me around. I promise." He said sternly looking down at her. She tried to force a smile for him and just nodded her head. She wanted so badly to believe him and trust his kind reassuring words. She knew that was unrealistic though. After tonight's attack Miyako knew deep in her bones that she would be face to face with Kurai, and it was clear that it would be a lot sooner thank later now. Especially now that he's proved multiple times that he knows where I am. She thought to herself and squeezed Kakashi's hand back in return.

           "What are we going to do now that he knows where we are? Do we have to leave?" She asked him pretty concerned. "I'm going to write to Lord Third in the morning and see what he thinks. I'm not sure how safe it will be to stay here. Depends on if Kurai has plans to launch a full on attack. Or continue these little games that he's been playing." Kakashi finished as he sat there with pounder on his face, deep in thought at the situation at hand.

          Miyako tugged his arm a smidge. Kakashi was shaken from his thoughts and looked down at her. "Come lay with me." She said and he just looked at her for a moment. "Please, I need you." She pleaded a bit. She assumed he might be thinking that he should stay awake and on guard for tonight, but she just wanted to feel the comfort of him against her. That comfort seemed to have all the answers she was looking for, at least for tonight.