Part Sixteen

Little Writer's Note - Part Sixteen. Disclaimer that this part is rated Mature for some sexual content. Please enjoy.  

       The surrounding area around her was almost pitch black as she felt her legs carrying her as fast as she could make them go. Running felt different at the moment. As if her legs were weighted down by something, as hard as she tried to run more quickly she felt stuck in slow motion. She still continued on with all of her might though. She knew she was running from something, but her brain was blocking out exactly what it was. She just knew she needed to keep going, before the darkness around her swallowed her up like it had everything else around her.

       The further she ran, the more a faint light became visible in front of her. The light seemed to be very far away. She knew she had to reach it somehow though. For however long it took her, it didn't matter, she just knew it was important she reach it.

         She seemed to be getting a bit closer to the light ahead of her now. It also seemed like she had been moving a bit more quickly and not so much in slow motion anymore. The darkness all around her seemed to be getting slightly further away. She was going to beat it. The dread in her heart felt as if it was being wiped out by a fighting warmth that seemed very familiar to her. She continued to chase that light and the warm feeling in her heart that came with it as she slowly closed in on the light.

         Just about there, she saw the light in front of her had grown huge in size now. She had just a little bit further to run until she reached it. Smiling to herself she tried to push a little harder and run more quickly. Just as she had gained a tiny bit more speed, she began to start to slow down some. She looked around and the darkness was beginning to close in around her again, and quickly. She looked ahead in desperation for the light that was so bright ahead of her. In the hopes that maybe it would save her from the darkness. It was wishful thinking.

        The light ahead of her grew smaller and smaller, until it had finally disappeared. She felt her body stop moving. She felt cemented in place from the feeling of fear taking over her completely, with the darkness fully surrounding her now. She began to feel panicked and the fear rising inside of her. She knew this wasn't good.

        In the next instant her fears came true. Her hair was suddenly yanked back tightly in the grasp of someones hand, forcing her head tilted upward. An arm quickly wrapped around her waist, constricting her arms to her body tightly like a snake. She anticipated a nasty sharp bite next and she wasn't wrong.

 "You will never escape me. Don't forget, you'll always be mine." His voice like venom in her ear. 

        Miyako shot up in her bed, her hands frantically feeling the back of her head. As if trying to get a hold of the grasp that had been on her hair a moment ago. She frantically surveyed where she was with her eyes and began to slowly come back to reality and realizing that everything had just been a horrible nightmare. Another damn nightmare. She thought to herself and took a few deep breaths to shake off the feeling of dread and fear that were still currently pulsating through her.

           Then her hand went to the spot on the bed right next to her, the now empty spot. The spot that Kakashi had been in, before whenever he had left that is. She felt an ache in her heart began to bother her as she looked at the empty spot. What she wouldn't give to have Kakashi there to protect her and wake her from her nightmares. What she wouldn't give to have him there every time she woke up. Maybe it's finally time I said something and spoke up about how I feel? These feelings aren't going to change. They continue to get stronger anytime I'm with him. I know he feels something for me too. I just need to figure out exactly how he feels and what we are, or what we could maybe become. She thought a bit more to herself and finally decided to get out of bed.