Chapter - 25 🌹

Dragons are giant. Dragons are majestic. They are powerful. They are dangerous. Dragons are destructive. A human can't even be a bit for them. They will be like spinach stuck between the teeth.

And all these facts were well know by the excited human, or whatever he knew from the movies. The big mighty ( as Taeyong thinks of them) creature that the ancient Chinese dramas and other movies shows, never failed to impress the human. He was deeply intrigued by the magical beast.

What would have happened if they actually exist? How will they look? How powerful they will be?

Taeyong was always mesmerized by them. But never in his life he had ever thought of actually seeing one.

A fucking dragon! Like seriously!!!!!

Taeyong was way too excited but with every single step he takes towards the destination he feels a chill down his spine. Excitement mixed with fear. He was having an inner battle with himself, whether to make a 180 degree and run away or to get his childhood fantasy fullfilled.

None the less he chose the latter but  the first option was still not thoroughly discarded.

He jumped a foot in air when he heard a muffled growl and even the floor trembled a bit.

"Woaw! ......A-are they b-below us?" Taeyong would have felt embarrassed about his stuttering but for now his focus was to hold his pee better and as well not chicken out.

Jaehyun halted in his track and turned back to face the human.

"Hahahahahahaha!!" Jaehyun bursted out laughing at the sacred expression the human had. Taeyong looked like his reflection just said hi to him. Even that would have not scared him that much. He looked horrified.

"What so funny?!" Taeyong scolded. His face turning red in anger and embarrassment.

"Do you really wanna see them? Look at you Taeyong. You look horrified" Jaehyun said in between his laughter.

"I am not!" He stomped his foot and huffed out in anger and diverted his gaze to somewhere else. Well it's easier to lie when you don't look at other's face.

Another muffled growl broke Taeyong's fake strong demeanor. And the slight tremble of the floor beneath him made him gulp.

"You Are scared................Yongs" the said person raised his head to meet the Demon lord's eyes right infront of him.

This time he didn't fire back. Because he cannot. He was scared. He knew it. And he also knows that Jaehyun could clearly see that in his eyes, no matter how strong and courageous he try to portray himself.

"Don't worry." Jaehyun adjusted the human's sweaty bangs to the side. And as he did so he could see the sweat glittering on the mortal's forehead. Jaehyun's eyes then found its way back to the doe ones looking at him in  expectation.

"I am there to protect you." Jaehyun said and slide his hand to Taeyong's cheek. "Always." he said it while holding a deep eye contact with the shoter. Eyes never lies, so he better show what he said he meant it and let this brown orbs be the window for the human to see the truth.

Taeyong was speechless. All he could do was to drown in those warm gaze that looked so honest.

Feelings fuzzy and mind was a mess in an organised way. He could feel his fear and tension easing out. He could feel his nerves calming down.