Chapter - 36 🌹

An angry man shuts his eyes and opens his mouth. The saying goes very well with Taeyong. But he wasn't a fool who commits even bigger mistake by not accepting his previous ones. He was not 100% wrong as he was oblivion to many things but he was guilty of being the judge even before listening to both the sides of the story.

Taeyong stood in the depth of the jungle, the fire of the portal enlightening the surrounding- the only source of light in the darkness of the night.He was rocking back and forth on his foot, taking deep breaths and rehearsing his apology speech multiple times in his brain. But damn! He never knew apologising would be this difficult. He felt anxious.Nervous. He was battling with his ego for 4 days already now. Yes, it took him that long to finally muster up the courage to face the Demon Lord.

"You won't choke on your pride. You can do it!" With the final words of encouragement for himself, he stepped into the portal.

It's weird to him how well he knows the routes to this place - Hell, to be exact. The similar corridors, the haunting aura, the shadow guards on the doors, and the smell of doom, he was used to it now. Quite weird of him.

Few turns and lanes, and Taeyong was finally infront of the very familiar door. A small fireball levitating in the air right infront of the door. He doesn't know what to comprehend. Was Jaehyun in a good mood?

Taeyong smoothed out his shirt, and fixed his hair. His hand touched the cold metallic chain around his neck and he got reminded of the ornament. He adjusted his shirt collar to make space for the red stone to shine. One last huff and Taeyong pushed the door open, without wasting anymore time in procrastination.

"You should knock first." a sudden familiar voice startled the living hell out of the visitor as soon as he opened the door.

"You scared me!!" And there goes his plan to be calm and collected while apologizing. Taeyong took a step to the side and he spotted the Demon Lord, sitting on a big ass sofa, with a dark coloured book in his hand. That indeed was a surprise.

"Not like you don't know it was me." Taeyong stated and neared Jaehyun, while the latter had his eyes fixed on the dark pages on his lap. Taeyong couldn't even spot a word on the pages. How the heck Jaehyun was reading?

Taeyong took his seat across the small table, infront of Jaehyun.

"I never told you to sit." Jaehyun said with his eyes still glued to the book and tone cold.

Taeyong rolled his eyes at that. But to be honest he expected worst, like getting yelled at or thrown out of the room or something. But Jaehyun being this calm was a surprise for him.

"I came to talk to you." Taeyong said. He was feeling a bit salty as Jaehyun was giving his whole attention to the book instead of him. Boy was he craving for the attention of his mate! But he kept his composure.

"And not yell at me? Are you sure?" Jaehyun said calmly without looking at the visitor.

"Look. I want to apologise."

"I guess you pronounced, scold wrong." Jaehyun sassed.

Taeyong poked his cheek with his tongue in annoyance. But he let out an inaudible sigh to calm himself down. He can't lose his patience just yet.

"I made a little mistake-"

"Little?" Jaehyun cuts him off. He finally raised his eyes to meet Taeyong's. It took him a lot, not to melt in those warm orbs of the visitor. Jaehyun clearly saw the guilt in those eyes as they looked at him. It felt like ages since he saw his mate. His beautiful mate. But he can't loosen up that easily.

"Arrghhh! Come on!.......okay okay okay. I made a big mistake. I agree. And i want to apologise for that. I am sorry. I am really very sorry Jaehyun." Taeyong gushed. His well organised words of apologies long forgotten.