chapter - 41🌹

How awesome it is to be the king. How good it is to have powers. How wonderful it is to be much much more than a human. And how magestic it is to be the lord of a whole ass dimension! People bow to you, you rule the world.

Jaehyun was blessed with all of it. He is the king of the Hell. He has people ready to fight for him, to die for him. He need not to shed a sweat and let his soldiers fight for him. But would it be what a king should do?

Beneath the shiney surface of power lies the sharp edges of responsibilities. He had the powers of the world but with it came the duty to protect the world too.

Behind him was lying his mate, unconscious. Infront of him stood the magnificent beast of lust, ready to take his life. Image of his family fighting the war with other immortal beasts flashed in his mind. As much as he holds the power, he knew it couldn't be enough. It was a cruel truth. The fuel for the sins will never extinct rather it grows every passing second. Not just the hell but once these sins take over this place they would of course infiltrate the other two dimensions_ the heavens and the earth. Inspite of  being the king of one dimension, his shoulders were now crushed under the responsibility of all the 3 dimensions.

He was proud of his people who were fighting bravely but its disheartening that it's already weighing them down. Despite with the entire army of hell, they were overpowered. The beasts are immortal. No way to kill them. And Jaehyun knows it very well.

He can't let his people die just like that. As much as it's their responsibility to protect the king, Jaehyun was equally responsible to protect them, to protect his dimensions. Even if it costs his life.

A loud crash followed by ground rumbling and  dust storm almost engulfed them. Jaehyun made a hand gesture and the view was again cleared. His eyes directly went to the huge crater on the wall behind the women as Johnny lied in the center of the huge depression clearly in pain. Jaehyun couldn't rush to help his friend as another beast came into the site,ready to fight Johnny again. Just seconds later other beasts made their appearance.

"You know Jaehyun. You. Are. Weak. You are just wasting energy and our time. There's no way you could win against us Jaehyun. Your people will die. One by one" every word from the woman was like a shrap knife piercing through his heart. But he looked at the woman and smirked. Jaehyun was ready for the last resort. After all that's what the destiny has already decided. The throne has chosen another king for itself and it was his cue already. He knew what he was about to do will confirm his death but that's the only way to win the war. He would be repeating the history once again. He would be following Lord Namjoon's path. Using his sacred power.

"You wish!" Jaehyun said out loud in a grim tone. He felt satisfied to see her expression shift in doubt. Jaehyun slowly spread out his hand and on cue the debris under his feet started to tremble and slowly lifted up into air. This brought the attention of Johnny and the other demon towards him.

Jaehyun levitated in air and slowly closed his eyes. An ear piercing growl echoed followed by Jaehyun's dragon appearing from underground and engulfed Jaehyun , swallowing him as whole.

The beast screeched again and rose up higher in the sky. It glared at others and flared its nostrils, letting out  sparks. It screeched again and became restless as its tail and wings started to become transparent. The transformation started from the tip and slowly engulfed the majestic  beast, like a huge tide of water. The dragon looked like halo with Jaehyun standing on its heart.

"Jae_ Jaehyun no!!! It took Johnny split of second to realise what Jaehyun was up to. But he was as helpless as his situation.

Jaehyun stood on top of the giant pumping heart with his hands spread on either side of his.  He opened his eyes that were red and glared at the beasts infront of him. He was satisfied by the puzzled look on their faces. But he knew he had to act fast before they pull a move.
"What loser tricks are you playing now Jaehyun?!!"

"Shut up you idiots and attack him!!! NOW!!!" Mammon growled in anger.

The beasts following his order flew towards Jaehyun with their weapons out, ready to attack him at once, but as soon as they rose up into the air, suddenly they could no longer flap their wings, they couldn't even move, not even their eyes, they couldn't speak.

Jaehyun blinked as his sight was getting blurry, and a drop of blood escaped his eyes. He was hurting inside, he was risking his entire power core for it. After all stopping time is no joke. His sacred power of being able to stop time for his dimension was his only resort.

Time rules. Time changes. With no weapon, time still is powerful. It moves, it passes, it goes on and on. Never stops. Never turns back. And when someone plays with time, time plays with him/her too. And it has no exception. Jaehyun had stopped it, and so it will stop Jaehyun by taking his life.

Knowing very well what awaits him, Jaehyun wasted no time and swung his hand in a circular motion while mumbling some inaudible words. As soon as he finished, a mirror appeared infront of him.

The black mirror.

Jaehyun took a deep breath closing his eyes and letting out another blood drop from his eyes. With all of his strength he directed his power towards the mirror creating a black hole in it. The beasts started to gravitate towards the mirror and get sucked it. They were helplessly getting pulled into it, couldn't do anything as time has stopped for them. With every beast getting sucked into the mirror, Jaehyun could feel his bones breaking and burning sensation in his power core. It was the sign that his time was near, he won't be able to hold time for much longer. It was exhausting him. Jaehyun yelled out loud and directed more power to make the black hole stronger. It costed him his dragon as the faint halo like beast started to fade away like dust. The wings slowly disappeared.

It was in fact a matter of minutes but felt like ages but finally it was the turn of Mammon as he stood on the floor like a statue. Even in this lifeless condition Jaehyun could clearly see the fear in those wide open eyes of his enemy. It was satisfactory. Jaehyun let out a breath as the last sin was finally trapped into the mirror. He was exhausted. He breathed heavily and his vision became dizzy. The mirror disappeared as soon as he let his hands down. The heart of the dragon finally faded away causing him to fall down like a ragged doll. It ached and was insulting, a reminder that he doesn't have the power to even hold himself up in the air. But he was finally proud. He ended the war.

"Jaehyun!!!!" A sudden known voice got his attention. He looked to the side to see Johnny running towards him. He smiled in pain. Jaehyun looked to the other side and his eyes met with the beautiful face of his mate. Even though Taeyong lied unconscious on the floor, even though he spoke nothing, just by having him by his side during his final hours ,was enough for him. "Love" he breathed out before everything went black and he couldn't hear his friend's voice anymore.

*****************************

Hello my sweet readers!!

I know you all must be disappointed by this small chapter but i felt it will take a lot of time to actually complete the entire chapter and then publish it. And noone likes to wait. So i will be writing small chapters and post it. It will be easier for me too because University is sucking out my soul!!! And i want to complete the story. Its cruel to leave it with a cliffhanger..... right?😅.

I will try my best to update it every week.

Till then stay safe!!

Adiossss💃💃💃💃💃