Chapter - 30🌹

Darkness. That's what he saw. It was all black. He was not sure if his eyes are open or hid behind his lids. He blinked to clear his doubt and surely his eyes were open. But all they could see was darkness. He brought his hand infront of his face but still couldn't see it. It felt like his eyes have lost its functionality. Were they blinded?

Where was he? What place is that? How come it's so dark?

It scared him.

The silence only adding to the creepiness of the place. He bet the only thing he could hear was his own heart thumping against his chest. He was scared.

He turned around in hopes of catching a glimpse of any life or thing or way or door, anything that could lead him to somewhere. Away from where he was.

No matter how many turns he takes, all he could see was darkness. He gulped. Clenching his fist in fright. He could feel his sweat running down his back and the side of his face as well.

He was afraid to actually move from his place. Unsure if his foot will meet with the land once he lift it to take a step. He was not sure if he would near any dangerous area if he walk in random direction in this blinding darkness.

He contemplated if he should call out for someone. Will letting his voice out bring help for him or will lead to major problem? It was making him anxious. He can't just stand there in pitch black room, that he was not even sure was a room given that he couldn't even see the walls and the heat he felt only made him wonder if he was inside a fucking oven!

He can't just stand there and do nothing. After debating with himself he decided to call out. He took a breath in, ready to let it out with words as his tongue twisted to aid his speaking but what came out was....

Silence.

He frowned when he couldn't hear his own call. He clearly said 'is anyone there?' but nothing came out of his mouth. It was as if he had no voice. He gasped as he held his neck and screamed out again. But as before, no sound came out of his mouth.

"What the hell is wrong with my voice? Why can't I speak?!!!!" He thought as he massaged his neck in hopes to unleash his voice somehow magically. He panicked more and more as many time he failed to utter any word. He yelled out loud but it was like someone had muted him.

He frantically yelled and held his neck as he tried again and again to voice out a single word. In the midst of his struggle he caught a glimpse of red. Unconsciously his eyes found its way to the only visible thing again. He halted his struggling as he focused on the only thing his eyes could see.

A glowing red door, with weird animals carved in it.

It was around 5 or 6 metres away from him. He faced the door and gulped again to provide some moisture to his dry as desert throat. He panted few times as he got breathless because of his uncountable attempt to scream.

He looked around once again, to see if there were any more doors. But was met with pitch black darkness. He faced the door again. It looked creepy, just like the entire place. Clearly there was no other option for him other than the only door infront of him. So he took slow steps towards the door. Unsure about his decision but none the less he ended up right infront of the door. The more he looked at the door the more he wants to back away from it. The weird animals engraving with the red glow only made it more terrifying.

He stared at the knob for a good minute before actually holding it. He turned to look back if he still had any options. But could only shudder when meeting with the darkness. He faced the door again, breathing heavily as he pushed the door open.