t w e n t y f i v e

The next day Y/n woke up relatively early, at 11am. She was meeting a friend who moved to Seoul a long time ago. As she fixed her and makeup she listened to her happy playlist, humming along the lyrics and occasionally stopping to make an entire performance. With a finishing touch to her pink , she was good to go.

"Okay mom, I'm leaving!!" she yelled out as she put her boots on.

"Oh, okay! Call me when you get home." Mary told her, emerging fully dressed and arranged from her room.

"Are you going somewhere?" Y/n asked suspiciously.

"I'm meeting the mother-in-law?" she smirked and Y/n choked on air.

"S-sorry?"

"Relax." she laughed, "I'm meeting with Mrs. Han, Jisung's mom."

"Ooh, okay. Wait what? Mother-in- MOM" the teenager whined.

"Oh, hush now. Bye, have fun!" she shooed her out of the apartment.

"Okay, bye. You too!" Y/n grabbed her keys and backpack and rushed down the stairs.

Y/n walked towards the agreed-upon spot, where she could already see her friend.

"Hi!! Emma?" Y/n exclaimed and started running towards the girl.

"Y/n!!! HEYYY" the blonde girl yelled back, equally excited.

The two friends hugged each other hard and stayed like that for a while.

"How have you been? How is home? How is Seoul so far? Did you find your way okay? I can pick you up next time!" Emma rambled on.

"Wait, wait..." she giggled, "I have been not so great but I'm getting better lately. Home is the same... Seoul has been very nice and I'm a big independent girl, I can find my way around a big city! I have Google Maps, too. I'm fine."

Y/n smiled when her friend looked embarrassed at the ground.

"How have you been? I see your Romanian accent is still good." the pinkette teased.

"Oh, hahaha, Y/n." she rolled her eyes, but held no malice in her gesture, "I've been great! Uni is a lot of work but I love it! I made many friends and I know the town pretty good by now."I sure hope so. I'm leaving my life and safety in your hands today." Y/n joked.

"It's been three years, I think I am okay. If anything, Google Maps to the rescue!" Emma cheered.

"Okay, okay. So," the younger clapped once, "Where are you taking me first?"

"I am taking you to the mall first! Well, we will be going to the underground market, they have the best things there!" she announced, "Then, I'm showing you this amazing food place that's near my uni! And after that just walk around!"

"Okay, that sounds fun! Let's go...unnie" she said in Korean with a small smile.

"Awww, my dongsaeng is so cute. You are different when you switch to your Seoul/Korea persona." she observed.

"Nah, I just changed a lot in the last three years, unnie." she shrugged, "Stuff home got worse and then better and I discovered that I am actually a naturally cute, funny but also serious person. I used to be very restricted and shy... you know" she had switched back to her mother tongue meanwhile.

"Yeah, I get it." Emma smiled sadly, "I'm glad you found yourself. I always felt so guilty for leaving you there..."

Emma and Y/n befriended each other when they were kids, in Y/n's old neighborhood. Emma is four years older than the other girl, in spite of that, the two grew very close together. Emma knew about Y/n's family problems and did whatever she could to help. Back when she didn't move away yet, Y/n would text Emma after a fight with her parents and the older girl would run from her house over to Y/n's apartment building to pick her up. They would walk around and, finally, go to the blonde's home. Emma's parents have taken a liking into the small girl immediately and always welcomed her with open arms.