t w e n t y s i x

Y/n woke up to the clattering of kitchen utensils, TV noise and chatter. The girl grunted and rolled on her side to check the time on her phone. 12:27pm. Who the hell makes so much noise this early?

The pinkette felt her head throb and her eyes couldn't stay open. She heard her mom knock on her door and call her name before opening it. She poked her head in and saw Y/n half sitting and greeted her cheerfully. The daughter grunted and waved her hand, a motion she often does in the morning, meaning she is awake and/or she should leave her alone. Mary chuckled and closed the door, disappearing into the living room.

Y/n knew they would meet Mrs. Kim soon, so she took a deep breath and stood up in a sitting position at the end of her bed. She still didn't open her eyes so she stood up and walked to the bathroom on auto-pilot. She stumbled over her own feet a few times and walked into a chair or a wall occasionally as she walked up to the door.

She was lucky that her room was right next to the bathroom, so she just had to go right two steps and she would be in the room. She peed (of course, because she is still human, I won't not write that) , brushed her teeth and washed her face. She left the bathroom and went to the kitchen to drink some cold water.

"Y/n, you awake?" her mom called from the living room, which was connected to the kitchen, so a simple grunt would suffice.

You see, Y/n was not a morning person. She needed an hour to wake up and form a proper sentence, then she needed another hour to start functioning. Of course, over the years she has learned to adjust and get ready in 10-15 minutes without as much as opening her eyes. She was doing everything subconsciously, like a zombie.

"Come to the living room, please!" Mary yelled out and the girl whined. She poured herself some cold water and walked to her mother.

She entered the living room, eyes half open and saw two figures in the respective room. Y/n shook her head and forced her eyes open, to notice Seungmin standing in front of her.

"Mor-ning." her voice cracked right away from the lack of use and dry throat. She took a sip of water and coughed lightly.

"Hi, Y/n-ah." he replied softly. "Did you sleep well?"

Y/n groaned and plopped down in an armchair. "What... are you doing here?"

"He called me this morning and said he will join us, too! I invited him over so that we could leave together." her mom explained. "We live close to the park anyways."

"Oh-" her voice cracked again so she cleared her throat. "That's great, but-" a yawn interrupted her idea, "why so early?"

"It's 12pm, Y/n." Seungmin stated flatly.

"Why are you so tired? Didn't you go to sleep at 12am yesterday?" Mary questioned.

Y/n froze a bit and nodded, "Yeah, around then."

You see, after closing her chat with the boys last night, Y/n tried to fall asleep, but failed. An hour passed and she was tired as fuck, but her body refused to feel comfortable in her bed and couldn't fall asleep. She groaned and got out of bed, grabbing her phone, earphones and mask and walked out of the apartment.

She walked out of the building and strolled down the street until she found a nice secluded place with a bench to sit on. She sat there, chill music blasting in her ears. She took off her mask and breathed in the cold winter air feeling herself relax. She took out her juul and took a few long drags, keeping the vapors in her lungs for a while before exhaling it.

She sat there for half an hour then started walking around and found a small 24/7 convenience store. She walked in and bought a new water bottle and some tea, which she prepared there. She sat at a table sipping at the hot beverage, listening to music and looking through her Instagram feed at memes. She saw a message from the groupchat with the twins and they chatted for a while. They even called and talked some more, Y/n telling them about what she bought and what she visited. In return they talked about their own vacation and shopping sprees. After another hour, they ended the call and Y/n definitely felt better and content. She threw away her cup and bid the worker goodbye and bowing before exiting the store.