t w e n t y s e v e n

"Hello", Y/n immediately removed her earphones and bowed her head.

Although the man wasn't wearing a mask, only a hat, the pinkette couldn't see his face clearly due to the darkness.

"I'm sorry to bothe-" the man said.

"You can stay her-" Y/n said at the same time.

The two people were just staring at each other until Y/n finally recognized the person in front of her.

"Namjoon-ssi?" she whispered and tilted her head to look at him better.

"Oh," he seemed a bit surprised and looked her over once again. "Oh, you're Stray Kids' friend!"

Y/n giggled, "Yeah."

"I'm so sorry I forgot your name!" he apologized sincerely.

"It's okay, Namjoon-ssi. I'm Y/n." she smiled and bowed her head. "Nice to meet you again." she extended a hand playfully.

"Nice to meet you again, too." he shook her hand. "What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't sleep so I took a walk. I like going outside during the night, especially here in Seoul. It's so pretty." she sighed.

"We do have a pretty nice nighttime." he chuckled. "Aren't you... scared though?"

"Not really. I mean... a bit, yeah. But I got used to it. I just hold my keys in my hand and hope for the best." she shrugged.

"It's hard being a girl, isn't it?" Namjoon asked quietly.

"Yeah, it's pretty damn hard. The sad thing is that we are used to it." the girl sighs. "What about you, though. What are you doing out at this hour, Namjoon-ssi?"

"Ah, I-" he scratched the back of his head. "I wasn't feeling too well, either. I couldn't sleep, I was thinking about too many things. I needed to clear my head."

"I see." Y/n hesitated a bit before saying something. "If you don't mind me asking. Is it... safe for you to walk around alone... at night?"

Namjoon chuckled and looked at her, "I guess it isn't very safe. But I'm used to it."

"I guess we have that in common then." the girl joked. "But, for real now, Namjoon-ssi. Does your manager at least know your out? Or... anyone? What if a," she lowered her voice, " sasaeng sees you and follows you home. Aren't you worried?"

"It's pretty risky, yeah... But I'm not going to give up my right to freedom because of crazy stalkers." he looked at her reassuringly and continued. "Besides, I'm careful every time I go outside."

"You have a point about freedom. But," she sighed frustrated. "It sucks that there are so many crazy fans out there that can't let you enjoy yourself!"

The idol sighed as well, "It does suck. But I always feel better knowing that there are so many good fans too. Don't worry too much, Y/n-ssi."

The girl nodded and looked down, "I'm sorry. I-I will leave you alone now, Namjoon-ssi. You came out here to relax, I will-"

"No, no, no! It's okay, you were here first!" Namjoon hurriedly interrupted her.

The two looked at each other silently. Y/n sent him a small smile and sat down on the grass, patting the ground next to her. The man smiled back and sat down on her left.

"Namjoon-ssi, if you're uncomfortable, please let me know. I will leave in an instant. You don't have to entertain me because I'm an Army." Y/n said seriously.