3 • Beauty

Osiris POV

I thought my blood was boiling already seeing as Philip was ignorant enough not to invite me and my pack to this years annual mate gathering. Desmond warned me and cautioned me not to lose my temper, it was difficult enough not chocking the guard throat when he tried to stop me.

When I saw what I could only call the essence of beauty in the hallway helpless and fearful my wolf had come to my forefront. It took every inch and ounce of my own will power not to snap and rip her alpha off her fragile arm.

How dare he handle her so roughly! Smelling the scents in the hallway her's was pure and... human?

It made no sense, but then I felt the male human's aura that radiated vulnerability, I mean it was quite obvious that werewolves were stronger, his scent of weakness gave me distaste as it tainted the beauty before me.

Her long blonde bouncy curls fell effortlessly and perfect down her back and over her shoulders. Her skin was just barely kissed by the sun with a hint of olive to her complexion. Her face held imperfectly dazzled freckles and her captivating hazel eyes felt like she could stare straight to my dark soul.

Did she know? Of course not she had run off with out blinking an eye, leaving me to defuse my wolf from hounding her.

'What is the matter with you Osiris, why are you so furious. So he didn't invite us who gives a damn?' My beta retorted not understanding what had just unfolded before my very eyes. If he only knew.

Ignoring his rather rhetorical question Philip broke the thick silence. "You shouldn't have come. You are not welcomed here wanna-be alpha." He gritted through clenched teeth.

I wasn't sure what he was trying to portray to me all alone. It was just him standing in front of myself and four other members of my pack. The very best skilled members at that I might add. Philip was a damn fool if he thought he held any sort of chance against me, us.

"You weren't supposed to come Osiris." He reminded me, as if I didn't here his irritating voice the first time.

Growing more annoyed by the second I stepped up, against Desmond's earlier warning to behave. I could care less at the moment, these alphas act as though I'm some subordinate, I had time and time again proven otherwise. Maybe it was time to show once more what I was, starting with this prick first.

"Philip, I don't listen to you now move out of my way. I didn't come all this way to pick a fight with an incompetent alpha." I was unimpressed by his threats, as if it would intimidate me.

"This is my pack, you are on my land, in my territory."

Chuckling under my breath amused at his need to prove himself I spoke up. "Only a man who lacks self esteem and confidence flaunts his accomplishments."

I didn't wait to see Philips face drop but by the few snickers from the men with me I knew it was amusing. I usually would indulge in watching the discomfort I brought to people but right now my mind continued to wander over the small blonde female.

My wolf scratched at the inside of my mind, he wanted her regardless of the fact we had just bumped into each other. We didn't know one another and I had never seen her before, she didn't smell like a normal wolf. Wolves smell fierce and threatening she smelled innocent and docile.