6 • Okay

Before I begin this chapter I would like to recognize @perezkay for her words of encouragement. It means a lot!!

Seraphina POV

I watched as Osiris turned away from us finding the innocent but yet intimate act rather boring. Though I blamed his continued pursuit being due to boredom the stiff muscles in his back and the tightly clench jaw made me wonder if something else had come up.

My mind was left to wonder on the topic as Desmond planted the knuckle of his index finger under my chin guiding my attention up to him. He looked unease and stressed from the firm lines in his forehead.

He was nervous, timid even. How could my mate, a werewolf, be timid by me? I was a helpless pup comparatively speaking.

"You can't just go out there all alone." He told me reading my face for something. "Can you shift?" He asked though from the tone it was more a statement then anything.

I rolled my lip in my mouth nervously. Was it that obvious?

I shook my head looking behind him at Osiris's still retreating figure. There was an uncontrollable urge to find him, like my body was trying endlessly to lock on to his every move. It was most likely the fear he brought me but he hadn't made any move to harm me, so I wasn't sure why I still felt this way.

"If you can't shift you're a sitting duck. Come with me."

I pulled back, his hand dropped from my face and down to his side. "I don't think that's such a good idea." I muttered. "Are you really my mate or was that all an act back there?" I couldn't let the opportunity pass by me, though from the secure hold he had on me I would say it was pretty obvious.

Desmond looked over his shoulder for half a second before turning to stare down at me. His brown eyes were fogged over; an obvious sign of a mind link being held.

Shaking his head and offered an apologetic smile. "Sorry about that, but to answer your question yes, you are. And I'd like you to willingly come with me. Please don't make me carry you kicking and screaming."

Something in my chest tightened like a cramp that couldn't be stretched. I blamed the confirmation of his words to the twinge of shook that made my chest ache.

Going with him wasn't exactly a bad idea but it wasn't necessarily a good one either. I didn't know him, sure he's my mate, but I barely new the man. Then again, my pack was no better if not worse than going with him. At least he didn't hurt me.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay." I repeated.

"Okay." Desmond repeated seeming to be unable to tear his eyes from mine.

"Are you going to keep repeating what I'm say or are we gonna go?" I asked with a soft grin.

He shook his head grabbing my hand leading me in the same direction as Osiris.

I felt unsure about going with him still but nonetheless I did still feel safe. I didn't know what to expect. Would his pack be nice and friendly to me and accept me for who I was and what I wasn't? Or would they treat me just the same as my pack? Despise me as a weak link I'm the pack that has nothing to offer but take up space.