4 • Run

Seraphina POV

"You can't just leave Sera, Alpha Philip will sniff you out in a heart beat not to mention the doubled up boarder patrol while the gathering is operating." Mara had tried to stop me as I packed a bag up of clothes, hygiene items and a bag of cash I'd had stashed away for the past three years.

I had always thought about leaving after I found out I couldn't shift and had no wolf but now that I was really doing it I couldn't ignore the many racing scenarios that ran ramped in my head. Zipping up the pack back I grabbed my cell phone on the desk as Mara stepped between me and the door as I moved to leave.

"What are you doing?" I hissed panic clear in my voice.

"I'm not letting you leave. You'll get yourself killed." She warned crossing her arms. "You don't even have a car Sera. How far exactly do you think you'll honestly get before a pack member sees you leaving?" She raised an eyebrow at me as my mouth opened in object but it immediately snapped shut.

She was right I was practically human. I was slow, clumsy, weak, blind and deaf in comparison to them. I'd be snatched up the moment they caught my scent.

I cringed as I nervously tried to figure out what I was going to do, I never got this far in my plans and now I regret not preparing for this moment better. Then it dawned on me, didn't this pack hate me and despised me? Why would they care if I ran off. They'd probably celebrate once they realize I'd left, no more explaining the shameful excuse I am of a werewolf.

"This pack hates me anyways why would they want me to stay. I'm sure once I get to the boarder they'll let me walk across it with applause. They've wanted me gone for years." Mara's face fell as she watched me tighten my back pack on my shoulders.

She knew that they wouldn't stop me, the only few people that would try and stop me would be my own parents and Alpha Philip himself, and I wasn't lingering around to find out what it was he wanted to finish with me. My skin crawled at the thought of all the possibilities.

Not finding anything to argue me with to stay Mara moved to the side leaving my bedroom door with no obstacles. Not missing a beat I hurried out only to be halted as she wrapped her hand around my wrist.

Her blue eyes held so much apprehension and sadness I could have sworn she looked physically pained by my departure. I shouldn't be surprised though know that Mara pulled tooth and nail to make my life happier and more enjoyable once I didn't shift. If it weren't for her kindness and protection I'm sure I would have ran away by now or worse killed myself from all the hate and segregation.

"Promise me you'll be careful." She warned me.

"I pro-"

Mara yanked my arm causing me to hiss at her sudden roughness, as if I weren't bruised enough from Alpha Philip.

"No, Sera I mean it. Even though you're leaving your still my best friend. You're the sister I never had and I'd be torn if something happened to you." She bit her lips, an attempt to keep from crying no doubt, but the glistening of her tears in her eyes was clear. Sighing an forcing a smile she looked down at me taking my phone from my hand. "Share you're location with me and I want at least a text from you every day and a phone call at least once a week."

"Okay mom." I joked tugging her into my chest to give her a comforting hug. "I promise to be careful and keep you in the loop."