20 • Prince

Osiris POV

Once Sera had closed her bedroom door I had let out the growl I was hold back. Desmond rolled his eyes in annoyance knowing damn well that I was foaming.

Correction, I was more than foaming I was on the brink of seeing red and unleashing my wolf.

He kissed her. My little fucking brother kissed her, my mate. My skin reddened, my eyes dilated, and my canines itched my gums as he begged to be released. 

I slammed my office door behind me caring little of the loud noise it made.

The office door opened as I rounded my desk. Looking up I watched as Desmond entered shutting the door soundlessly behind him. Turning around to looked at me exasperated.

"Couldn't hold the door for me?"

"Shut the fuck up Des." I swatted the stapler and paper weight off my desk. "You don't get to joke and be sarcastic. What the fuck was that?" I pointed in the general direction of the kitchen.

Desmond crossed his arms looking out the window. "That was your mate mistakenly kissing me believing me to be her mate, and then she accidentally slash not accidentally admitting to you her true mate that she doesn't know is her mate, that she kissed the man she was told is her mate that is in fact not her mate but her mate's fucking brother!"

"We had an agreement, Des."

He scoffed pinching the bridge of his nose. "No shit but I can't control what she does. I can only control myself."

"So then why'd you let her kiss you?" I shouted.

"I didn't. Are you stupid?" I growled at his accusation. "Your really going to sit there and act like I went out of my way to kiss your mate? And here I thought I was the brother with no brains."

He moved closer to the desk plopping himself down on one of the chairs. "She doesn't know you're her mate and she practically human Osiris don't forge that. She only acted like she normally would if I were her mate, you can't blame me or her for that. That's all on you."

"So this is my fault."

Desmond clapped his hands together as he stood up with a beaming smile. "Great! And here I thought you'd never admit your mistake."

I growled at his sarcastic comment stepping around the desk. I stopped only when I stood in front of him. Usually I would dominate others just simply from my height but Desmond was practically the same height as me, so it did nothing but cause Desmond to smirk.

What I wouldn't do to smack the smug smile off his face.

"The only mistake I made was agreeing with you back at Dark Titan."

"Then why didn't you correct my mistake and told her the truth?" Desmond pointed his finger into my chest.

He wanted me to admit my mistake, he wanted me to fix what still needs fixing. I wasn't about to admit to my faults, not yet anyways. It was too soon and Philip was showing signs of suspicion about Seraphina and Desmond being mates. I didn't entertain his comment on their "relationship", finding it both unbearable for my wolf to acknowledge and not seeing why the information was needed by Philip.

He was a weasel of a man and I wasn't about to give him further information to use at his advantage.

Things were getting complicated and with Philip breathing down my neck my wolf and I both were on edge every moment of every day. I'm sure my pack have noticed, steering clear of me whenever I walked in the room.