29 • Next

Osiris POV

The smell of death was clear in the air as I followed the scent. Desmond's wolf scent mixed with the dreadful scent as I approached.

Through the thick branches of the woods I made out the husky bossy of Desmond's wolf as it circled around a dead body. The person that had died laid motionless and naked. It was normal for werewolves to shift back to human skin when they parishad. It was like a kill safe to make sure humans didn't come across us be accident.

I didn't need human sticking their nose in my land. It would just be another headache added to my list of never ending headaches.

'It's Adam, one of the twins.' Desmond mentioned as I stepped beside him to look at the young kid.

We had taken them in roughly a year ago. Adam and his brother Andrew were twins. They'd run off together after their mother lost her mind after the death of her mate. She'd turned into an alcoholic, they'd left her for a better life and my chest tightened as I looked at his lifeless body.

'Why was he out this far? I thought I made myself clear to stay on pack lands regardless of the uptick in activity outside of the border.' I shifted to be able to check his body more easily. Desmond did the same.

"Adam linked to Aspen and I about a wolf that tried to slip over the boarder undetected. Adam came across him and pursued the wolf. He didn't link us after that." He explained sorrow evident in his voice.

Desmond crouched down lifting up the eighteen year olds arm. Scratches were slashed down his abdomen leaving his ribs exposed. As crazy as it might seem it wasn't the gaping whole that left me speechless but the lettering that was etched into his chest.

Desmond gentle flipped the boy over displaying the bloody writing.

SERA IS NEXT

They know.

My teeth clenched. I knew that my eyes were nothing but pitch black with the overwhelming sensation of anger that lit every nerve in my body.

A threat to my mate, how kind.

Didn't they know who they were messing with? Didn't they know what kind of bear they were poked?

"This isn't good Oz. What did you and Philip discuss when you met with him?" Desmond's worry was easily smelt and his question solidified it.

"Nothing." I bluntly stated eager to dismiss the topic. I didn't want to think about the annoying fucker right now, I was tired of thinking about him. Everything lately has been revolving around him.

"Liar." Desmond growled shoving my chest as he stood up. "He's catching on to us isn't he?"

"I have it under control."

"This doesn't look under control Osiris. This looks like a mad man allowed to murder with no repercussions." He hissed.

His angry was mutual and his statement was easy to agree with. He was stating the obvious, it didn't take a genius to realize that Philip had to be dealt with. The hard part was how we were going to deal with him.

Philip is a prized and loved alpha in the eyes of the council, killing him myself, without reason, would end up with me being hung. The fact that Philip more than likely killed Adam wouldn't be enough reason for me to kill him. He had, after all, kill him in unclaimed land.

"This is Adam, Osiris. This isn't just some rogue we found dead."

"Am I blind? I know who the fuck I'm looking at." I growled, my eyes burning olive green with petulance.