48 • Boyfriend

Seraphina POV

I was left flabbergasted, speechless and flustered.

Andy had never spoken to me like that before. I didn't recognize my friend as he stormed off leaving me in utter disbelief.

I wanted to reach out and stop him and demand him to listen to me. He wouldn't but I could have at least tried but my feet were glued in place behind Osiris.

Osiris had moved me behind him when Andy started getting loud and offensive. The small gesture, however, innocent made my stomach flip. I couldn't look into his action too deeply. He was probably only doing it out of anger wanting to square up against Andy. Alphas didn't take to kindly to challenges but I was surprised at how well Osiris composed himself.

He didn't raise his voice once or use violence as the answer. With the amount of broken glass and wood Osiris had shattered I was stunned he didn't do anything more than demand Andy apologize.

Osiris did say he wanted to prove to me that he was serious about us and though I wanted nothing more than to reject his claim, I couldn't, not now anyways.

So, I stared dumbfound when Osiris shut the door and turned to face me. He scanned me over from head to toe his eyes lingering a few moments longer on my chest before training them back up to my face.

I dropped my head as I bit my cheek unwilling to let myself tear up.

His fingers brushed my cheek and I released it. The comforting sensation of his fingers just barely touching my face left my body buzzing.

Did I dare look up?

God, I wanted to but the sudden butterflies in my stomach wouldn't allow me too not with out giving myself away. But there was this itch, an itch I could not scratch.

My eyes betrayed me as the trailed up his body from where they rested on the floor. It was painstakingly slow but I eventually grew the courage to look at him and I wasn't disappointed.

Eyes as rich as the most deepest forest stared down at me, they examined me like a delicate flower.

I forced myself to clear my throat. "We- we should get back... to work." Backing away my legs quivered. What I needed most was to contain myself; more like fight an unseen urge that dared me to indulge more of him.

My fingers softly touched the forms on his desk. There were so many, it was looking at a sea of papers, they all looked the same I couldn't tell which one I was looking at earlier.

With a sweaty hand I sheepishly fumbled through them. I didn't get far into my search before Osiris planted his hand over mine and I stalled in place.

"Here," He picked up a document that looked familiar and I offered a meek smile.

"T-thank you." I sat down in the chair keeping my gaze far from his own. I could have choked on the tension in the room, it was suffocating. Tugging at the collar of my shirt I listened as Osiris cleared his throat. "I'm sorry." I blurted.

He was caught off guard, taking in a harsh breath of air. "For what?"

I shrugged embarrassment staining my cheeks. "I don't know... for Andy, I guess."