47• Fool

Osiris POV

I normally hated the days I'd have to coop up in my office all day but today was different, today I was nothing but excited. My insides fluttered like a little school boy crushing over the hottest girl in school.

Phina was, without a doubt, the most beautiful person I've ever had the pleasure of laying my eyes on. She was kind, humble, and bright.

She didn't know what she did to me. How she wound me up. How just her presence consumed every inch of my attention. How ever freckle on her face was imperfectly precisely placed on her face. How her deep brown eyes sucked me in and left my breathless.

I tried endlessly to not let my eyes roam anywhere south from her neck. Even now I fought myself as she sat crisscrossed on my sofa. She eyed the papers in her hands with attentive attention. Phina was adamant on understanding the form, she picked up on the information pretty quickly too. She didn't come to me for much help, until she became stumped.

"Why are the the surveillance wolves changing rounds every five hours?"

I peered over my laptop. "Huh?"

She rolled her eyes. "Why are our wolves running rounds every six hours?"

"Because we need that kind of surveillance." I protest dragging my eyes back down to my screen.

"How do they have time to get enough sleep? Osiris, " My name on her lips was virtually LSD. "-they barely- no, they aren't getting enough sleep at all."

I folded my lap top down a little to get a look at her. God, I needed to absorb every divine detail she held. Why'd she have to be so perfect?

"They get enough sleep." I protested. I functioned fine on three hours of sleep I think my boarder patrol team can manage well on six.

"But they don't." She stood up making her way to my desk she examined the form in her hands with inquisitive eyes, "Look. They work six hours but you aren't giving them enough time to get a full seven hours of sleep."

Phina dropped the form on my test taping her index finger on the chart where everyone's rounds were posted. I raised an eyebrow.

"And?"

She scowled in disgust. "Seriously? All you have to say is and?" She crossed her arms and poor attempt at making herself look more threatening. How cute. "People need more than six hours of sleep to operate correctly."

"I get three hours most nights and I'm functioning fine."

She scoffed. "I beg to differ."

I leaned back in my chair. Scanning over the form I already new the contents of. I gazed back up at her. "What do you have in mind?" I wanted to know how she problem solved. I wanted to see how well she did at improving things I didn't see the need to fix myself. A new perspective never hurt anyone.

Her eyes briefly widened in surprise. "Uh- well, you could start by making the shifts longer with longer breaks." She says sitting down in one of the chairs eyeing the paper inquisitively.

I hummed taking advantage of the few moments I had to freely look at her. I could be selfish with my gaze, I could even be a little greedy too. Phina was too absorbed into the paper to see my blatant hungry stare.

She dropped the paper to her lap and glanced over at me. My heart quickened. "Would that work?" She wondered a slight wavering in her voice.

I shrugged. "I don't see why I wouldn't. We just have to look over who can go where at what times and find more wolves willing to work the boarder routes."