25 • Stay

Seraphina POV

To say I was stunned with the ease with which I could get Theo and Gabriel to follow my orders would be an understatement. It felt weird and over-powering. I didn't particularly like that I had that kind of control over someone.

When I glanced over at the two men now that sat at a neighboring booth from us I watched them make the booth look child-sized. How did I have the power to just make them change their mind?

"This was amazing." My mother exclaimed cleaning up the last of her food on her plate.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." Ivy gushed. "How long will you be staying with us?"

A faint frown tugged at the corners of my mothers lips. Her eyes traveled over to mine as I stared waiting for her answer.

"We go back tomorrow. Vander needs to get back to the training grounds." I didn't know why I took her answer as a surprise, but I had.

It was no secret that my father would be ordered back to work the soonest they could call him back. I guess I should have expected this much being that alpha Philip would still make my life miserable even at a distance. Of course, he'd call them back as soon as possible.

"That's a shame. I would have liked to show you all around more with Seraphina." Ivy wished pulling of a credit card from the back pocket of her jeans.

My eyes trained onto the thick piece of plastic as she sat it down at the front of the table. The black shinny plastic was engrained in my brain from the last time. I didn't miss the silver engraved name on the card.

OSIRIS WRAITH

So Osiris just gave out his card to everyone? Why would Osiris pay for my parents and friend when he showed how much he didn't like them already. It wasn't his responsibility anyways, it was mine or Desmond's.

I made a mental note to question Desmond when I saw him back at the cabin. There was a lot that I needed to figure out and get answers to because the more that I looked around and listened the more I was slowly beginning to realize things weren't completely adding up.

"Unfortunately alpha Philip has been at your father for weeks now stressing about how the patrols need more training and-"

"Helen, I don't think they want to here about my training duties." My father interjected cutting her off.

I could hear the slight shifting as I looked over to Theo and Gabriel who had stopped their chattering to tone into our conversation. All this time they had been playing around flicking paper footballs between each other but the moment that my father mentioned Dark Titan it was like all their attention had toned in.

Theo leaned his back harder against the back of the booth craning his neck in our direction. Gabriel stared tentatively at the back of my parent's head. I was thankful that none of them could see the two guards that watched them like criminals.

Was this how Osiris's pack always was? Scared and suspicious of any outsiders?

"You're parents have to go back tomorrow, but I was trying to stay here for a little while longer to keep you company." Andy chimed in resting his arm on the back of the booth behind me.

A low rumble sounded from across the café and as my ears picked up on the noise as I jerked my head in that direction. Theo's normally light brown eyes glowed gold as he eyed the arm that rested behind me. Not trying to start anything more than what's happened today I poked Andy's arm playfully until he returned it back at his side.

He gave me an apologetic look before continuing to talk. "With your alpha's permission, I mean."

Andy looked over to Ivy as he mentioned getting Osiris's approval. I didn't see why he couldn't stay. He was human, barely a threat to the likes of a whole entire pack of werewolves. Plus, he was one of my closest friends, he'd never purposely do anything to harm a soul. I defended me back at the gathering and if that proved anything I think it showed that he cared for me.