32 • Truth

Seraphina POV

The walk back home was filling with little giggles and funny stories from Desmond's and Osiris's childhood. All the stories were before their rough upbringing; when they were still living within a pack.

I threw my head back and laughed when Desmond told me about the time he an Osiris was in elementary school. They were walking back home when Osiris decided to make the walk home from school a competition.

It was supposed to be a simple race between two little boys. Osiris was winning obviously older and much faster than Desmond, but that meant little to nothing to his untied shoes. Poor Osiris flew forward off his feet face planting against the hard gravel of his parent's driveway.

I couldn't imagine the scare or pain that had to have caused.

"I won the race after that." Desmond chummed as if he had just now won a raise against his brother.

I giggled. "Duh, I think that's pretty obvious when your sibling's face smacked the ground."

He rubbed the back of his head, I could tell he was reminiscing on the memory, the smirk on his face his nothing. He liked one-upping his older brother, gave him a sense of pride.

"So what are your plans for the rest of the day?" I wondered opening the front door of our cabin.

I was trying to bring up the topic of moving into one bedroom. I had been here for over a month now and though Desmond and I hadn't exactly gotten to know each other on a level that satisfied me, I still felt it was time for this step. We were a bonded pair.

Normal werewolves would have marked each other and sealed the bond. Not us, we were still living as roommates and it bothered me.

As I opened the door to the cabin Desmond leaned over me, his hand planted against the door to push it wider. The heat of his body radiated into my back as he shuffled closer to me.

I move my hips back, yearning for more than just his body heat but as my butt brushed against his body I was tugged through the threshold.

Tingle erupted against my skin, the world felt like it was spinning for a moment before I gathered my balance.

"Jesus, Oz you'll rip her arm off like that."

Desmond's tone was sharp and it was enough to get Osiris to relax his grip on my arm. I tugged back but it only earned me a warning snarl.

I froze. I froze up not out of fear but out of the delightful shiver that fluttered down the column of my spine. Who knew an alpha's growl would make your insides seemingly melt.

My eyes travel up the middle of his chest until they locked onto his. He stared clear over my head, Osiris was zeroed in on his brother.

The tension of his muscles and hitched breathing told me Desmond had done something to piss him off.

"She's not a rag doll Oz, stop pulling her around like she is one."

Osiris moved me to the side as he took a dominating step toward Desmond. His finger poked at the middle of his little brother's chest as his eyes beamed.

"I thought I made myself clear Des." Osiris's tone was low and stern. How Desmond could just stand there and cross his arms with a huge smirk on his face was beyond me. The man lived for the moments he could piss off his brother.

Desmond leaned against the doorway with a carefree attitude. "As did I, Oz."

The corner of Osiris's lip twitched at his words. His eyes fogged over as did Desmond, when they snapped back out of it Desmond scoffed with a roll of his eyes. He stormed into the cabin slamming the door shut.