18 • Leave

Seraphina POV

Three days.

Three days I stayed locked away in my room. I was nearing my wits end. I didn't want to see Desmond and I definitely didn't want to see Osiris. I've had plenty of time on my hands the last three days to play over everything. And I do mean everything.

For one Desmond miraculously started pestering me for attention. After my blow up in Osiris's office he's made it his goal to check up on me about a hundred times a day. I'm not saying I'm not enjoying it a bit but it's too little too late at this point.

Desmond's sudden attention to me isn't the only thing I've had time to process locked away. I've had time to think about how Osiris could so easily disregard my concerns for my family.

I wasn't ashamed for telling him he was wrong and not caring for his pack. Meeting with Philip wouldn't do anything, I'm sure Philip just wants to negotiate or talk alpha business. I couldn't understand why Osiris wouldn't budge.

"Phinny?" Ivy knocked on my lock door. I heard her jiggle the door knob from where I laid silently in my bed.

This had become a routine. Ivy would bring me food three times a day. She'd sit outside my door or a few minutes hoping to see a glimpse of me but I'd always wait until she moved along to grab the tray.

I opened the door once I heard her retreating steps, moving quick I grabbed the tray shutting the door and locking it behind me.

Peace. I needed peace of mind and no one was offering me that. Not between Philip and Osiris at least. Desmond tries, Ivy tries but I don't want pity or remorse, I want action. I want people to put their differences a side for the better good of everyone else.

Plopping down at the desk in front of the window I peered outside as I took a bite of the sandwich.

It was definitely winter now. The first frost had left behind a dead earth with bare icy covered trees and thelandscape was bleak, basket in a lifeless grey. The only pack members I saw outside were wandering around as wolves.

I guess that their wolf forms provided them with more protection against the harsh conditions. It must be nice being able to produce your own protection. It was something I'd never be able to do but it was still mesmerizing to say the least.

There was a knock on my door. I swallowed the mouth full of food that I had and remained still as I listened to the individual jiggle the handle.

I couldn't understand why they always attempted to open the door up knowing that I'd lock it every time. I guessed they thought that I would at some point "get over" it. How could I "get over" the possibility of my mother being tortured, or worse killed?

"Sera, it's me Desmond. Can you please let me in?" I heard a thud against the door and I could imagen him resting his forehead in defeat against the wood.

I glanced to the door then back out the window. It had started to snow again for the second time today.

Another jiggle of the door handle tore my gaze from the window and back at the bedroom door.

"I would make you come out of your room. I just want to see you. I want to make sure that you're alright." He mumbled his voice thick with dejection.