44 • Deal

Seraphina POV

I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I felt as light as a feather. I felt... weightless.

"I had my suspicions."

And then my blissful weightlessness was smacked and ran over by a semi. He... knew? It should surprise me he might have known this whole time and hid that fact from me just to keep me here. I knew he was never being honest.

No, of course he didn't know. I assured myself I had been think irrational, I was being naive. There's no way he already knew.

Seeing my face contorting as I tried to make sense of his words Osiris's eyes widened in concern. He waved his hands in front of himself as he frantically apologized.

"Oh, god no! I didn't know I until a couple seconds ago." He rubbed the back of his head as he stepped closer to me to relieve my doubts. "Fuck," He groaned. "I keep saying the wrong thing."

"Really? I couldn't tell." Desmond snapped with sarcasm.

"Desmond, now not the time." Osiris reminded him looking over his shoulder at him. "Don't you have something better to do anyways?"

"Of course, but this is like dinner and a show." He tucked his hand in the front pocket of his sweatshirt. A few moments later there was a crinkle of plastic as Desmond revealed a pack of sour patch kids. "I even have a snack. Act like I'm not even here, I'm just trying to enjoy this moment."

He tossed a piece of candy in his mouth as he waved us on to continue.

"Desmond, get out." He growled.

His brother couldn't be bothered as he faked sniffled. "But this is such a heart warming moment. I don't wanna miss it. There so much emotion." Desmond pretended to shed a tear and wipe it away. "Ow, fuck! I got some of that sour shit in my eye."

I have to stifle a laugh as he aggressive rubbed at his eye. He was quick to his feet still rubbing his watery red eye as he made his way to the exit.

As he opened the door to leave he stopped for a split second. "Can you wait for me to come back I don't wanna miss any-"

Osiris didn't let him finish as he shut the door on his face locking it.

"Rude!"

My mate dropped his head to the door with a thud. He looked defeated and for some reason it made my fingers ache with a need to comfort him.

It was our bond that craved connection but I ignored the urge concentrating my attention solely on the topic. The topic wasn't much better to focus upon, it still revolves around being mates.

My heart was speeding up with ever anxious thought. I didn't know if Osiris could hear my accelerating heart rate but he faced me with dishearten look. The man I was so used to seeing strut around with confidence and unwavering power looked meek and insecure.

Where was the big bad alpha now? And why did I find this side of him that much more alluring?

We stared at each other speechless. Neither one of us knew what to say or how to say it.